Scholarship Created to Help Combat Distracted Driving
Long Island, New York, January, 2017 – Personal injury law firm Rosenberg & Gluck, LLP is doing its part to help prevent distracted driving by creating a $5,000 scholarship to help a student offset the cost of college while raising awareness on the issue.
The statistics are harrowing. Every day in the United States, over eight people are killed and 1,161 injured in crashes that involve a distracted driver, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
“Distracted driving poses a serious safety hazard for young drivers across the United States and the personal injury lawyers on our team constantly see first-hand the devastation it can cause,” said Partner Ted Rosenberg. “We established this scholarship as we advocate for road safety and spread the message about the dangers of texting and driving.”
To enter the 2017 Rosenberg & Gluck Road to Safety on Long Island Scholarship contest, Long Island high school seniors are asked to submit original creative content on one of the following topics:
- “Distracted Driving and Me” – Tell your personal story about either yourself or a close family member or friend who was affected by distracted driving.
- “Distracted Driver Awareness Campaign” – Share a personal story about an awareness campaign you have personally organized or administrated.
- “Why You Shouldn’t Text and Drive” – Write an article appealing to young drivers that conveys the message that distracted driving is dangerous.
Entries must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before June 1, 2017. All submissions will be judged by a panel from Rosenberg & Gluck based on the following criteria:
- Has the applicant effectively conveyed the theme of the contest?
- How creative was the message delivered?
- Does the project motivate teens to stop texting and driving behind the wheel?
On June 21, 2017, the winner, as selected by the judges, will be notified. All applicants consent to the publication of their submission and use of their photograph by Rosenberg & Gluck.
For more information on the scholarship, please visit www.lilawyer.com/scholarship.
As one of Long Island’s best personal injury law firms, Rosenberg & Gluck is known for results. The firm boasts over 100 years of combined experience and knowledge with a long track record of success.