A motorcycle collision can leave you with serious injuries, an extensive recovery process, and no ability to work while you heal. Some motorcycle crash injuries can change a victim’s life forever. If another party’s negligence caused your motorcycle crash, they may owe you compensation for your damages.
A motorcycle accident lawyer servicing Babylon from Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. may be able to help you pursue compensation when we represent you. Our firm strictly handles personal injury cases and can pursue a lawsuit and trial if a fair settlement cannot be negotiated. When we work together on your case, you can focus on your recovery while we take action against the party responsible for your injuries.
Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. offers a free case review to collision victims in Babylon. Call us today at (631) 451-7900 to discuss your crash, your injuries, and our services with a member of our team.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Babylon, call 631-203-1691
Liability in Motorcycle Collisions
If another party’s negligence caused your motorcycle collision, they may be legally liable for your damages under New York’s personal injury laws. Proving liability in a personal injury case typically means producing evidence of the following:
- The other party owed you a duty of care, such as sharing the road according to New York’s traffic laws.
- They breached this duty of care by breaking a traffic law, such as running a red light.
- This breach of duty caused your crash and injuries.
- This negligent act and outcome caused you damages, such as medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Potentially Liable Parties
Although many motorcycle crash cases come down to another driver’s negligence causing a collision, drivers are not the only parties that could be liable. Consider:
- A negligent motorcycle manufacturer who releases a bike with a defective design or construction flaw, which causes it to malfunction and crash.
- A negligent mechanic who fails to install a safety system correctly, such as a vehicle’s brakes.
- A negligent municipality that fails to provide proper signage or causes hazards in the road that can cause a motorcyclist to crash.
- A negligent trucking company that fails to properly secure the cargo on their vehicle, causing it to spill onto the road and create a hazard.
When a motorcycle accident lawyer serving Babylon from Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. represents you, we can investigate your collision to determine whose negligence may have caused your injuries. Once we identify this party, we can collect evidence of their negligence to establish their liability in your case.
If you believe that another party’s negligence caused your motorcycle crash, call Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. today at (631) 451-7900. A member of our team can explain your legal options during a free consultation on your case.
Babylon Motorcycle Accidents Lawyer Near Me 631-203-1691
Motorcycle Crash Injuries
Motorcycle riders can sustain severe injuries in a collision. These may include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs).
- Spinal injuries.
- Broken or fractured bones.
- Road rash.
- Face injuries.
- Neck injuries.
Some of these injuries could require months of treatment and could leave you with long-term symptoms, scarring, or impaired mobility. Compensation may be available for these types of damages in your case.
If a motorcycle crash injured you, we recommend you see a doctor as soon as possible. Some injuries may have delayed, subtle, or persistent symptoms. A doctor can evaluate you and treat any injuries you may have. They can also create an important link in your medical record between your crash and your injuries, which you may be able to use as evidence in your case.
Wrongful Death Cases
Motorcycle crashes can also lead to fatalities. If you lost your loved one in a motorcycle collision caused by another party’s negligence, Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. may be able to help you pursue compensation in a wrongful death lawsuit.
Recoverable Damages in a Motorcycle Collision Case
The damages that crash victims may be able to recover compensation for in a personal injury case include:
- The costs of their medical care and treatment, both current and future.
- Lost wages for any time they missed at work while recovering.
- Diminished earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering.
- Scarring or disfigurement.
In a wrongful death case, damages may include funeral and burial costs, as well as pre-death medical care.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. Can Support You
As a full-service law firm, Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. can take over your case from day one. This means handling all communications, legal tasks, and paperwork on your behalf. We can also:
- Provide you with legal advice, explain your options, and offer insights into the possible outcomes of your case.
- Build your case with evidence of your damages and the responsible party’s liability.
- Negotiate for a settlement offer with the other party’s insurance company.
- Bring your case to trial if they are unwilling to make you a fair offer settlement offer.
The Statute of Limitations in Your Case
There are deadlines for filing lawsuits in New York. Per New York Civil Practice Law & Rules (CVP) §214, you generally have a three-year statute of limitations to file a personal injury lawsuit. For wrongful death lawsuits, the statute of limitations is generally two years, per New York Estates, Powers & Trusts (EPT) §5-4.1.
In either type of action, there could be exceptions that shorten these general deadlines, such as a lawsuit against a municipality. Waiting too long and allowing the statute of limitations to expire in your case before you act could mean that you lose your right to sue.
Call Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. Today
If you are recovering from motorcycle crash injuries, it may be challenging to build a case for compensation and pursue your rights in settlement negotiations or at a trial. A motorcycle accident lawyer servicing Babylon from Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. can handle these tasks when we represent you. You can focus on your treatment and your family while we manage your case.
Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. represents clients on a contingency-fee-basis with no up-front payments due. To learn more about our services in a free consultation with a member of our team, call (631) 451-7900 today. We can also assist clients in Spanish.