In a collision between a bicycle and a passenger vehicle, SUV, delivery van, or commercial truck, the bicycle rider is far more likely to sustain serious or deadly injuries than the vehicle driver and passengers. At Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P., our bicycle accident lawyers serving Bohemia can help you prove the vehicle driver’s negligence. We can also help you navigate the personal injury system and establish your right to recover damages.
A bicycle collision can result in more than injuries. It can also leave you facing a mountain of medical bills and a myriad of evidence that needs to be collected, sorted out, and submitted to the at-fault driver and their insurer. We can help with all that. In addition to evidence collection, our law firm will handle communication, correspondence, and negotiations. While we do that, you can focus on restoring your physical health.
For a free legal consultation with a lawyer serving Bohemia, call 516-451-7900
Table of Contents
- How Bicycle Collisions Happen in Bohemia?
- How Can Our Law Firm Help With Your Case?
- Holding the At-Fault Driver Financially Liable for the Collision
- Start Preparing Your Case at No Cost to You
- Your Initial Consultation Is Always Free
How Bicycle Collisions Happen in Bohemia?
Vehicle versus bicycle collisions are the most common cause of bicycle accidents, according to National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) data. According to their research, bicycle collisions can be avoided when bicyclists are diligent and focused and when vehicle drivers:
- Share roads safely
- Yield to bicyclists
- Avoid turning in front of a bicycle
- Make cautious turns
- Comply with the speed limit
- Are aware of road conditions
Collisions can occur if vehicle drivers fail to do these things, not give bicyclists room, pass too closely, or change lanes recklessly. Many different factors could have contributed to your collision. Our personal injury team will investigate your case to ensure its cause is uncovered and proven.
How Can Our Law Firm Help With Your Case?
Proving the at-fault driver’s negligence was the cause of your collision is the beginning of your case. Once negligence is proven, you can assign financial liability. We help you prove negligence by demonstrating that:
- The vehicle driver owed you a duty of care
- The driver breached his responsibility to you
- The driver’s actions caused your physical injuries
- The collision had financial consequences
We do this by collecting and organizing evidence, including your official police report, photos and videos, and witness statements. We also obtain your medical records. They help prove the cause of your injuries and, when combined with your medical bills, help prove their costs. We handle all communication for you and represent you throughout negotiations.
Holding the At-Fault Driver Financially Liable for the Collision
By proving the vehicle driver’s negligence and liability, we simultaneously prove your right to financial recovery. The damages we then help you pursue include:
- Economic damages: These are damages that have or will have an identifiable cost. They include past and future medical bills, income loss, and treatment-related travel expenses.
- Non-economic damages: These are intangible losses you might find difficult to assess on your own. They could include pain and suffering, mental and emotional anguish, and diminished quality of life.
- Wrongful death damages: These can include your loved one’s reasonable funeral and burial expenses. It can also include your family’s loss of their financial and household contributions.
Each case is different and will have unique recoverable damages. Our case assessment team will carefully detail your damages to ensure your case receives the best possible outcome.
Bohemia Bohemia Bicycle Accident Attorneys Lawyer Near Me 516-451-7900
How Soon After You Are Hurt Should You File a Lawsuit?
You should get our law firm on your side immediately after you are involved in a collision. By doing so, you give our team plenty of time to:
- Gather supportive evidence
- Investigate your collision
- Determine its cause
- Identify the at-fault driver
- Contact the insurance company
- Locate and interview witnesses
You also give us time to comply with the statute of limitations. According to CPLR § 214, you generally have three years to file a personal injury lawsuit. Similarly, you generally have two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit, according to EPTL § 5-4.1. However, there are circumstances which may require you to act in as little as 90 days.
With sufficient notice of your bicycle collision, our team can ensure compliance with the statute of limitations. Compliance eliminates the possibility of running out of time to negotiate or of having your lawsuit barred or dismissed.
Start Preparing Your Case at No Cost to You
Our firm works with injured bicyclists on a contingency-fee basis. What that means for you is that you will not pay our team anything unless and until we recover damages for you, whether that comes via settlement or jury verdict.
We absorb all the upfront costs of preparing and filing your lawsuit. That includes all paperwork, investigative costs, and filing fees. It also includes the costs of hiring any expert consultants and an accident scene reconstructionist who helps with your case.
Every Client We Represent Is a Priority to Our Team
At Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P., our bicycle accident lawyer provides individualized support to every injured client we serve in Bohemia. Of our law firm, previous clients say:
- Craig S: The amount I could get for my case was limited…yet this firm was able to obtain the maximum amount possible for me…I’m glad I chose this firm, and I highly recommend them.
- Liz D: When I was injured, it was a no-brainer to choose Rosenberg & Gluck to handle my case…I couldn’t be any happier with the settlement that Mr. Rosenberg was able to reach on my behalf. I will forever be grateful for [their] hard work.
We work hard to help every client we represent recover the damages they are entitled in a warm, supportive, legal environment. Read these and other recommendations and referrals on our client reviews page.
Your Initial Consultation Is Always Free
If you were injured in a bicycle accident in Bohemia, our personal injury lawyer will help you prove the cause of the collision. Our representation can start with a free review of your case. At Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P., we also help bicycle collision clients in Spanish. Find out everything our team will do to build your personal injury case by calling (631) 451-7900 today.
Rosenberg & Gluck, LLP
1176 Portion Road
Holtsville, NY 11742
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
This firm was able to obtain the maximum amount possible for me…
– Craig S., Car Accident Client