After being attacked by a dog, you may not know who to hold responsible for the animal’s actions or how to seek the help you need to pay bills. A dog bite lawyer serving Bohemia from Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. can provide answers to your questions and manage your case from start to finish.
For a free legal consultation with a dog bite injury lawyer serving Bohemia, call 516-451-7900
Table of Contents
- We Pursue Compensation for More Than Just the Bite Itself
- What Our Dog Bite Lawyers Do for You
- New York Dog Bite Cases Must Adhere to Specific Laws
- Why Wait to Get Help? Call Now for a Free Consultation
We Pursue Compensation for More Than Just the Bite Itself
While you cannot hold a dog financially responsible, you can hold its owner liable for the harm it caused. This liability means the owner may be responsible for paying for your medical treatment, such as:
- Emergency care
- Future medical costs
Not all dog attacks involve bites. In fact, New York law uses the term “attack” instead of “bite,” allowing victims of other injuries to take action (NY AGM § 123). For example, if you were knocked over by an aggressive dog and broke a bone or hurt your head, you can pursue compensation.
We can also pursue any income that was lost during your recovery. If you are left permanently unable to return to your job in the same capacity, damages can account for this income loss as well. Other forms of revenue may also be eligible for reimbursement, such as commissions and side jobs.
Bohemia Dog Bite Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-451-7900
The Cost of Treating Infections
After a dog bite or scratch, the biggest concern may not be the injury but the infection it can cause. Dogs can carry:
You do not have to be infected for expenses associated with potential infection to be reimbursed. The cost of tetanus or rabies shots as a preventative measure can be included.
If you do suffer from an infection, your expenses are considered part of the original injury. For instance, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that capnocytophaga can cause complications like heart attack, kidney failure, and even amputation in humans. These complications are a consequence of the attack and, therefore, a consequence of negligence.
Beyond Physical Trauma
Many people are not aware that most dog bites occur in homes — 80.2% in fact, according to a Heliyon study. Perhaps you were hurt by an animal you knew or one owned by a friend. That familiarity can make your experience particularly traumatic.
The psychological trauma of suffering a dog bite is also a focus of our work on your case. You could receive compensation for:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Whether you knew the dog or not, this kind of injury is uniquely terrifying and deserves acknowledgment through your damages.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
The Loss of a Loved One to an Attack
Our dog bite attorneys can also represent someone whose life was lost to an attack in Bohemia. If your loved one passed because of a dog bite or other injury, we can pursue compensation for:
- Medical bills for treatment and end-of-life care
- Costs for funeral services and burial or cremation
- Pain and suffering you both experienced
- Lost income they would have provided
Paying bills should be your last concern after losing a loved one. Leave that part to us while you focus on your family.
What Our Dog Bite Lawyers Do for You
As lawyers, we work for you, which means your comfort and healing are our primary concerns. We are here to handle any aspect of your case that you find overwhelming, confusing, or just too time-consuming.
Our team can:
- Research the dog’s past behavior and the owner’s knowledge of it
- Interview any witnesses to the attack
- Talk to neighbors, family, or friends who may have seen red flags in the dog’s actions
- Consult doctors, actuaries, and other experts for specialist testimony
- Reconstruct what happened to highlight owner negligence
- Draft any necessary paperwork and explain it in layman’s terms
- Keep you updated on your case’s progress
- Remain available to answer questions and calls
- Draw upon over a century of combined legal experience
We start the whole process with a free case evaluation, so you can obtain crucial information about your case without worrying about money.
Read What Our Clients Say About Us
- “I want to thank Rosenberg & Gluck and staff for the way they handled my case. Everything went just as they said it would. They are very good at what they do and they are honest. I highly recommend them.” – Steve G.
- “The staff at Rosenberg & Gluck is amazing! They helped guide me through the process and kept me informed every step of the way. They delivered on their promise of getting me the best possible outcome for my case and I couldn’t be happier. I would recommend them to anyone I know who has been involved in any type of accident.” – Michael J.
Check out our testimonials page for more stories from past clients.
New York Dog Bite Cases Must Adhere to Specific Laws
Unlike other forms of personal injury, our lawyers may be able to pursue certain damages in a Bohemia dog bite case regardless of whether the owner was negligent. When a dog is deemed dangerous, the owner is liable for medical costs.
According to New York law (NY AGM § 108.24(a)), a dangerous dog is classified as one that:
- Attacks a person, service dog, guide dog, hearing dog, companion animal, or farm animal without justification
- Behaves in a way that could be reasonably construed as a threat
Additionally, if we can establish the owner knew or should have known the dog was aggressive, the owner is strictly liable for your injuries.
We can navigate these rules to pursue any damages you deserve. Identifying the negligent party and finding ways to hold them accountable is what we do.
Why Wait to Get Help? Call Now for a Free Consultation
You typically have three years to file a personal injury lawsuit in Bohemia, but some factors can change that. Contact our dog bite lawyers today for a free consultation to learn more about how long you have to file. We can discuss your compensation options, listen to your concerns, and work on getting you the help you deserve. We also assist clients in Spanish. Call the Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. team now at (631) 451-7900.
Rosenberg & Gluck, LLP
1176 Portion Road
Holtsville, NY 11742
This firm was able to obtain the maximum amount possible for me…
– Craig S., Car Accident Client