When a loved one passes away unexpectedly due to another party’s actions, this tragedy can take a serious toll on the surviving family members. Nothing can change the past and bring back someone you love, but you do have legal options to pursue justice and a sense of closure.
If you lost a loved one, you could file a wrongful death claim or lawsuit to recover damages from the liable party. A wrongful death lawyer serving Bohemia from Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. can guide you through the process of investigating, building, and filing a case for financial recovery.
Table of Contents
- Seeking Wrongful Death Damages in Bohemia
- Hiring a Lawyer to Fight for Your Family
- Common Types of Wrongful Death Cases
- The Statute of Limitations for Wrongful Death Lawsuits in New York
- Contact Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. Today
For a free legal consultation with a lawyer serving Bohemia, call 516-451-7900
Seeking Wrongful Death Damages in Bohemia
It is possible to recover compensation for the damages your family has experienced in a wrongful death case. To do so, you will need to prove that a third party somehow contributed to or directly caused the death of your loved one. Even if a third party was partially responsible, you still may have a case.
The specific amount of compensation available will depend on the details of the case. For example, your financial recovery could include:
- Outstanding medical bills for treatment your loved one received for their fatal injury
- Loss of financial support
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Pain and suffering
Hiring a wrongful death lawyer can help ensure that your case includes and accurately values all of your recoverable damages.
Bohemia Bohemia Wrongful Death Attorneys Lawyer Near Me 516-451-7900
Hiring a Lawyer to Fight for Your Family
There are various ways that hiring a wrongful death lawyer could benefit your case. When you work with our team, we will:
- Explain every step of the filing process and answer specific questions you might have throughout your claim
- Investigate your loved one’s death to determine the cause and who is responsible
- Speak with witnesses and gather evidence to support your right to wrongful death damages
- Construct a claim that proves liability and your right to damages
- Communicate with all parties so you don’t have to
- Identify the filing deadline and file your lawsuit promptly
- Advocate for your family’s right to financial recovery and justice
Hear From Clients We’ve Represented
- “They went well above my expectations and helped me receive a settlement I would’ve never imagined getting on my own. My lawyer Gary was extremely helpful and took the time to help me understand the complicated process and how best to move forward, but I’m most grateful for Nicole who fought this case as if it were her own.” — Daryl Costa
- “Going through something like this I needed people who had expertise and empathy and compassion that never wavered. They were always available to me and were more than kind and caring about the entire situation.” — Dawn Madigan
Common Types of Wrongful Death Cases
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), cases of unintentional death are as high as 200,000 annually in The United States. How these deaths occur vary widely. Here are some of the circumstances that could warrant a wrongful death claim:
- Slip and fall accidents: Slip and fall accidents can be fatal, particularly for older victims, as they can lead to traumatic head injuries, hip fractures, and other serious injuries. If your loved one was the victim of a fall due to unkempt premises or other preventable measures, you could have a case.
- Motor vehicle accidents: One of the leading causes of fatalities is motor vehicle accidents. If a driver’s negligence led to the loss of a loved one, you may be able to file a claim.
- Accidents during recreational activities: Recreational activities are an enjoyable part of life, but sometimes they are conducted in an unsafe manner. If another party’s oversight put your loved one at risk, this could be the basis of a wrongful death claim.
- Nursing Home Negligence: While nursing and medical professionals are trained in their craft, mistakes can still happen. Nursing errors, incorrect medication dosages, and other forms of negligence can result in the loss of life.
- Workplace tragedies: Although some professions are more dangerous than others, every job comes with risk. Many workplace tragedies are preventable, and you could pursue compensation on behalf of a loved one who had an accident at work due to a third party.
- Defective or dangerous products: When manufacturers formulate products with toxic chemicals or fail to ensure that their products function properly before putting them on store shelves, it can cause fatal injuries. Such errors can make manufacturers liable in a wrongful death case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
The Statute of Limitations for Wrongful Death Lawsuits in New York
EPTL § 5-4.1 establishes a 2-year statute of limitations for wrongful death lawsuits in New York, meaning you have a limited amount of time to file. The longer you wait to decide whether or not to sue, the less time you have to initiate the process. Once the deadline expires, you can no longer file a lawsuit against the liable party, regardless of the amount of evidence you have to prove the case. Keep in mind, you may have even less time in some situations so don’t delay in calling us.
A wrongful death lawyer serving the greater Bohemia area can identify the last day you have to file a lawsuit and use the time available to build the strongest possible case. You will not have to worry about losing your right to seek damages in court with us on your side—we’ll keep track of everything and file when the time is right.
Contact Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. Today
Your family should not have to face the legal system alone after losing a loved one unexpectedly. If you are interested in learning more about the legal options available to bring justice and peace back to your life, Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. is here to help.
Call (631) 451-7900 today for your free, no-obligation consultation with one of our team members before it is too late. We can assist clients in both English and Spanish.
Rosenberg & Gluck, LLP
1176 Portion Road
Holtsville, NY 11742
This firm was able to obtain the maximum amount possible for me…
– Craig S., Car Accident Client