Construction sites can be extremely dangerous. While there are rules and precautions in place, they are not always followed or respected. If you were injured at a construction site, you might be able to collect compensation for your injuries.
When you suffer injuries because of someone’s mistakes or negligence, a construction accident lawyer from Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. serving East Hampton can help you determine what options work best for you and your situation. We are here to help you through this legal process.
For a free legal consultation with a construction accidents lawyer serving East Hampton, call 516-451-7900
Compensation After a Construction Accident
You should not have to pay for the negligence of another person. You could be entitled to compensation after a construction accident for:
- Medical expenses: Medical expenses can be quite costly, even for minor injuries. You could be compensated for your diagnostic tests, treatments, emergency room visits, and any follow-up appointments you may need.
- Loss of income: If you have to miss time from work as a result of your injury, you could be compensated for the hours that you miss.
- A decrease in salary: Injuries may be severe enough to require you to take a less physical position for work. You could be compensated for the difference in salary you may have.
- Future medical expenses: If your injuries have a likelihood of needing future medical attention, you could be compensated in advance for your expenses.
- Pain and suffering: Injuries are often painful and stressful. You could be compensated for the physical and mental pain you had to go through as a result of your injury.
East Hampton Construction Accidents Lawyer Near Me 516-451-7900
Services We Provide
A construction accident lawyer from Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. serving East Hampton can help take much of the stress of your case off of your shoulders. We can:
- Gather the needed documents: This could include medical documents, photographs, videos, and anything else related to your accident.
- Investigate the accident: We will investigate the actions surrounding the accident and how the accident occurred.
- Investigate prior complaints: Our team will look into your accident to determine if similar accidents have occurred in the past.
- Consult experts: We can consult with experts to build your case.
- Determine who is liable: After the accident, we will investigate to determine who should be held liable.
- File your claim: We will file your claim in order to get started on fighting for compensation.
- Negotiate with insurance companies: after filing your claim, we will work with the insurance companies and negotiate for fair compensation.
We can work with you and walk you through each step of the process. The legal process can be complicated and lengthy. Our team can investigate your accident and investigate past accidents the company may have had. We want you to get the compensation you deserve after your accident.
The Deadline to Sue in New York
As stated in CVP §214, you generally have three years from when your injuries occurred to file a claim. However, there are some circumstances that may decrease the amount of time you have to file a claim, such as filing a lawsuit against a municipality.
Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. can help you identify and meet the deadlines in your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Common Types of Construction Accidents
Construction workers have certain protections under New York’s Scaffold Law, per LAB §240 and LAB §241. These laws establish safety guidelines that contractors and site owners must follow. When these guidelines are violated, and a worker gets hurt, the injured worker has a right to sue for compensation.
There are a variety of factors that can contribute to the potential hazards on a job site. Some of the most common types of construction site accidents include:
Falling debris can take anyone by surprise, including construction workers, pedestrians walking by, or other occupants of the building. Construction sites are often filled with tools, materials, and other objects. If any of these items fall from a height, they could hit someone below and injure them.
When construction sites are in progress, there are often exposed wires. If a wire has power running to it, touching the wire could lead to electrocution.
Construction workers have a risk of being hit by a vehicle, especially if their construction site is close to a road. Drivers may be distracted and not notice the construction zone.
Construction work often requires workers to be on ladders or working from extremely high places. Falling is a common cause of construction site injuries. If a construction site is not kept in order, a worker or anyone on site could also trip and fall over materials or tools lying around.
If you were injured in a construction accident, a construction accident lawyer from Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. serving East Hampton can work with you to get the evidence needed to support your claim. We can even work alongside your worker’s compensation attorney as well if you have one. You will not have to pay us anything if we are not able to get you compensation after your accident.
How a Lawyer From Our Firm Can Help
If you were injured in a construction accident, you should not have to pay for your medical expenses on your own. Someone else’s negligence or mistakes should not cost you your life savings. There are many different pieces to consider when fighting for your compensation. A construction accident lawyer from Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. serving East Hampton can walk you through this process so you can focus on healing.
Call Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. today at (631) 451-7900 to get started with a free consultation from a member of our team. We have English and Spanish speakers available to take your call.