Construction sites are one of the most dangerous work environments. According to the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), of the over 5,000 workers who died in on-the-job accidents in 2019, about one in five worked in the construction industry.
If you or a loved one was hurt in a construction accident caused by negligence or wrongdoing, you may be entitled to financial compensation for damages. A construction accident lawyer serving Glen Cove from Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. can help you pursue compensation for your medical bills, lost income, and more.
Call our office at
For a free legal consultation with a construction accidents lawyer serving Glen Cove, call 631-203-1691
Construction Accident Claims for Workers
Individuals working on construction sites often work with powerful machinery, from great heights, and in other precarious situations. Despite a multitude of laws regulating construction site safety, accidents resulting in serious injury and death still occur.
Ladders and Scaffolding Injuries
New York law gives special protection to construction workers who were hurt during the preparation, modification, demolition, or repair of commercial buildings. Two of the laws are:
- NY §240 or the “Scaffolding Law”: protects workers who are injured on structures such as buildings, tunnels, or bridges in a fall accident or fallen objects accident.
- NY §241: protects workers in construction jobs outside of those covered specifically in NY §240.
Glen Cove Construction Accidents Lawyer Near Me 631-203-1691
Non-Workers Injured on Construction Sites
Construction sites are often located in highly populated areas of the state. Hundreds or even thousands of people may walk by the construction site by the time the construction project is completed.
If you or a loved one was injured while visiting a construction site or walking past a construction site, you may be able to bring a personal injury claim or lawsuit against the liable party and collect damages.
Seeking Compensation for Damages After a Construction Accident
Construction accidents often occur within the blink of an eye. However, the harm they cause to injured individuals and their families may last a lifetime. A construction accident lawyer serving Glen Cove from Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. may be able to assist with cases involving:
- Fall accidents
- Being struck by a falling object
- Caught-between accidents
- Machinery-related injuries
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals
- Crane or forklift accidents
- Scaffolding ladder and roofing accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Gas leaks
- Fires and explosions
- Trench accidents
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Types of Damages You May Be Entitled to Receive
The amount of compensation that you may be entitled to depends on several factors, including:
- If you were working at the time of the injuries or just visiting the construction site
- The type of injuries you sustained
- The amount of time you will likely need to recover from your injuries
- Whether workers’ compensation insurance covers your injuries
- Whether a negligent third party caused or contributed to the accident
If the actions of an engineer, contractor, product manufacturer, or other third party caused or contributed to your accident, you may be able to bring a personal injury claim or lawsuit against them. Through either of these legal actions, you may be compensated for:
- Your lost wages from missed work
- Impairment to your income-earning capacity
- Past and future medical expenses caused by the injuries
- Pain and suffering and other non-economic damages
Your Legal Options if Your Loved One Died in a Construction Accident
Tragically, many construction accidents are fatal. If your loved one was killed in a construction accident, you may be able to recover compensation through workers’ compensation. You may also be able to bring a wrongful death claim or lawsuit against the liable party. This claim may hold them answerable for your loved one’s death and help you recover compensation for damages.
Damages in a fatal construction site accident may include:
- Costs associated with the deceased person’s medical care, funeral, and burial
- The deceased person’s pain and suffering
- The deceased person’s lost future wages and benefits
- Loss of the deceased person’s companionship
Time Limits for Construction Accidents
Injury and death lawsuits must be brought before the statute of limitations expires.
Generally, the statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits is three years under NY CVP §214, and the statute of limitations for wrongful death lawsuits is two years under NY EPT §5-4.1. However, there are certain issues that may reduce the statute of limitations. This is why it is important to speak to a lawyer soon after your accident.
Call Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. today at
Let a Glen Cove Construction Accident Lawyer Assist You
Whether you were hurt in a construction accident, or your loved one passed away due to injuries sustained on a construction site, Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. can help you understand your legal options. Our team understands how complicated construction accident cases can be, and we are ready to help you bring the strongest case possible. Our team can:
- Explain your rights and legal options
- Translate complicated legal jargon into plain language
- Complete and submit necessary paperwork on your behalf
- Determine the value of the past, present, and future damages caused by the construction accident
- Obtain important evidence such as camera footage and incident reports
- Negotiate with the liable party and/or insurance company
- Fight for a settlement that covers your damages
- Represent you during legal proceedings
- Keep you abreast of changes in your case
A construction accident lawyer serving Glen Cove from Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. can help you throughout your case. We can assist clients in Spanish.
Call our office at