Being rear-ended may leave you with one or more serious injuries that could have lingering effects. If you suffered injuries as the result of a rear-end collision, or your loved one died from injuries suffered in a rear-end collision, consider whether a lawsuit could be the right course of action.
If so, our rear-end collision lawyer serving Hempstead is ready to help. Call our team at Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. today at (631) 451-7900 to speak for free about your rear-end collision and case for compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a rear-end collisions lawyer serving Hempstead, call 631-203-1691
The Rear-Ending Vehicle Is at Fault
The rear-ending vehicle is typically automatically at fault when a rear-end collision occurs. As the victim who was rear-ended, you may have reason to bring a lawsuit if you suffered one or more injuries in a rear-end collision.
Rear-end collisions happen for a variety of reasons including:
- The at-fault driver using their cell phone at the time of the collision
- The at-fault driver being drunk or under the influence of drugs at the time of the collision
- The at-fault driver following too closely behind traffic
- The at-fault driver engaging in reckless driving
Regardless of the specific reason the at-fault driver rear-ended your vehicle, you are entitled to pursue compensation against them.
Identifying Negligence in Rear-End Collisions
From the list of traffic violations on the Nassau County New York website, you will find one that reads, “following too closely.” This rule is New York Vehicle & Traffic §1129-A, and it carries a fine and fee of $200, as well as an additional surcharge of $88.
If following too closely results in a rear-end collision, however, the at-fault driver may be responsible for your financial and other losses related to the crash.
In many cases, following too closely is a form of negligence. You may have also been put at risk by other dangerous behaviors that could play a factor in your eligibility for compensation. These dangerous behaviors may include:
- Attempting to overtake your vehicle too closely, which can result in a collision
- Being under the influence of drugs or alcohol, which can impair depth perception, judgment, and reduce inhibitions that encourage safe driving
- Engaging in various forms of distracted driving, presented here by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
One of the most important details of your case is the injuries you suffered in your rear-end collision, and how those injuries have impacted your life.
Hempstead Rear-End Collisions Lawyer Near Me 631-203-1691
Injuries Commonly Associated with Rear-End Collisions
A study published in the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics states that there was no definitive value of speed to vehicle damage to physical injury correlation, but a change of vehicle velocity in as little as 2.5 mph could produce symptoms of injury in those involved in a rear-end collision. Some of the potential injuries include:
- Whiplash, which the Mayo Clinic cites as one of the common injuries of a rear-end vehicle collision
- Stiffness in the neck that persists long after the collision
- Spinal cord injury
- Persistent headaches
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI), which may be especially likely to occur if you hit your head
These injuries can be costly and may interfere with several aspects of your life. If you are experiencing one or more injuries and want to discuss your options for pursuing compensation against the at-fault driver, call our team at Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. today at (631) 451-7900 for a free consultation. A rear-end collision lawyer serving Hempstead is ready to assist you.
Legal Action Could Help You Recover Your Losses
A rear-end collision can negatively impact your life in a variety of ways. Adverse consequences may include:
- Medical expenses stemming directly from your rear-end collision
- Medical expenses from secondary effects of your collision, such as lingering injuries that require long-term rehabilitation
- An interruption in your ability to work, and by extension, earn an income
- Injuries that interfere with your ability to engage in physical activity, which may further degrade your physical and mental health
- A confluence of negative outcomes that, when combined, significantly harm your quality of life
You may have a path to recover some or all of these losses, as well as any other losses you are experiencing due to your rear-end collision.
A Lawyer Will Help You File Your Lawsuit Today
If another driver rear-ended you, you already know that the driver who struck you is at fault for the collision. A lawyer can help you:
- Collect all of the evidence relevant to your collision and prospective lawsuit
- Pinpoint the specific actions of the driver who struck you that may qualify as negligence, and could, therefore, entitle you to compensation
From there, a lawyer can handle the entirety of your legal needs, including:
- Preparing necessary legal documents
- Preparing witnesses and experts to testify at your trial, if necessary
- Exploring settlement offers you may ultimately choose to accept
- Serving as your legal advisor and representative throughout the lawsuit
A rear-end collision lawyer serving Hempstead will aim to secure compensation for your crash-related losses.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Our Team at Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. Today
A rear-end collision lawyer serving Hempstead with Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. can help you recover your losses. Call today at (631) 451-7900 to speak to a member of our team about your case at no cost. We can also assist Spanish-speaking clients.