If you or your loved one were injured in a motor vehicle collision in Huntington or a nearby area, then you may be eligible to bring a lawsuit against the party or parties responsible for the collision. If successful, a personal injury lawsuit could allow you to recover compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. protects the rights of car crash victims in Huntington. A lawyer from our firm may be able to manage the settlement negotiations and litigation in your car crash case while you concentrate on your recovery.
For a free case evaluation, call Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. today at (631) 451-7900. We take car collision cases on a contingency-fee basis with no upfront payments required.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Huntington, call 631-203-1691
Driver Negligence in Car Crashes
Drivers in Huntington have a responsibility to obey traffic laws, drive safely, and avoid collisions. This responsibility is called a duty of care, and it:
- Requires that drivers act in a responsible way
- Requires that drivers not put others at an unreasonable risk of harm
- Is intended to protect motorists, passengers, and pedestrians from injuries and death caused by negligence
Despite this legal duty of care, car crashes continue to occur on the roads of Huntington. If a driver is negligent in their duty of care and causes a collision, they may be liable for the injuries they cause.
Considering that the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) attributes approximately 94% of car crashes to drivers, it is clear that motorist negligence continues to occur on a regular basis—it may have caused your crash, too.
Some of the most common forms of motorist negligence are:
- Failing to obey traffic signals, such as stop signs, yield signs, and traffic lights
- Failing to respect the right-of-way of pedestrians, especially at crosswalks
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or both
- Taking eyes off the road, especially to engage with a mobile device
- Taking one or more hands off the wheel
- Turning into oncoming traffic without safe clearance
- Generally driving a vehicle in an aggressive, careless, or reckless manner
- Failing to adjust to inclement weather
- Drowsy driving
If you believe that the responsible driver in your car crash caused your collision due to negligent behavior of any type, you may be able to pursue them for damages. Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. invites you to call our firm to discuss your car collision in a free case evaluation with a member of our team.
Huntington Car Accidents Lawyer Near Me 631-203-1691
Possible Injuries in Car Crashes
Some of the injuries that may happen during a motor vehicle collision include:
- Injury to the spinal cord, which may result in paralysis
- Injury to the brain, sometimes known as traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Broken bones
- Damage to vital organs
- Internal bleeding
We recommend that you see a doctor as soon as possible after your collision. Even if you feel your injuries are minor, there could be hidden or delayed symptoms. Seeing a doctor can also create a link between your injuries and your car crash that may be used as evidence in your case.
If your collision was caused by some form of negligence, then you may be able to collect compensation to cover your medical expenses and other losses.
To learn more about your legal options, call our team at Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. today at (631) 451-7900.
Initiating a Lawsuit After a Car Crash
You may choose to accept help from a Huntington car accident lawyer in bringing a lawsuit against the person or people responsible for your injuries. There are several ways that a lawyer from Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. may be able to help you, including:
- Providing access to experts in crash forensics and other relevant fields to testify on your behalf
- Conducting an independent investigation to gather evidence of the responsible party’s liability
- Speaking with medical professionals, including your own doctor, to obtain documentation of your injuries
- Handling all of the paperwork-related requirements that come with filing and completing your lawsuit
- Calculating awards and arguing for such awards as part of your case
- Serving as your legal representative in settlement negotiations or on trial
- Protecting your rights
Your lawyer will aim to prove that the defendant named in your lawsuit is liable for your losses because of one or more negligent actions. If they can prove this, or your case results in a settlement before they need to prove this case at trial, you may be able to collect awards covering your losses.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Possible Compensation in a Car Crash Case
The effects of every car crash are unique, but some possible losses you may have endured could include:
- Medical expenses related to your collision
- Lost income from the period where you are forced to recover from your injuries
- Psychological and emotional trauma stemming from your injuries and the collision itself
- Physical pain
- Other forms of pain and suffering
Additional awards may be in order depending on the circumstances of your collision and injuries.
Call Our Team at Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. Today
If you suffered injuries due to a car crash in Huntington, we may be able to represent you. Call Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. today at (631) 451-7900 for a free case evaluation with a member of our team. Our multilingual staff can also assist in Spanish. Statutes of limitations in New York limit your time to file a lawsuit so don’t delay in calling Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P.
We may be able to take your case on a contingency-fee-basis where you do not pay for our legal fees unless and until we recover compensation for you.