If you believe that you or your loved one’s slip and fall injury in Huntington was the result of dangerous premises or some other factor that could qualify as negligence, then you may have a case for compensation.
A personal injury lawsuit may allow you to recover compensation for your medical treatment, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. represents slip and fall victims in Huntington in settlement negotiations and on trial. We offer a free, no-obligation case consultation with a member of our team when you call us at (631) 451-7900.
We may be able to represent your case on a contingency-fee-basis with no upfront payments. In this type of arrangement, we do not collect attorney fees unless and until you recover compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall lawyer serving Huntington, call 631-203-1691
Identifying Negligence After a Slip and Fall
It may not be immediately clear to you how negligence caused your slip and fall, especially if you are in great pain from one or more injuries. You may soon realize that unsafe conditions caused your injuries and that one or more people are responsible for creating those conditions.
Property owners must prevent foreseeable danger from persisting on their properties by:
- Implementing proactive safety measures, such as guardrails and no-slip flooring
- Fixing potential slipping or tripping hazards as soon as they become aware of them
- Maintaining watch over their premises so that they can become aware of any hazards that arise in a timely fashion
- If they are unable to maintain a responsible level of oversight over their property, hiring somebody who will spot and fix hazards
When a property owner fails to take these and other safety measures, people such as yourself can be put in harm’s way.
Huntington Slip and Fall Lawyer Near Me 631-203-1691
Examples of Negligent Property Maintenance
Some of the manifestations of negligent property maintenance may include:
- Puddles or spills that are not removed
- Stairwells that lack handrails
- Stairs that are not level or even
- Walking surfaces that are slick by nature or are in danger of becoming slick under certain foreseeable conditions
- Flooring that is in disrepair, such as cracked tile or loose carpet
- The presence of clutter in walkways
- Poor lighting
- The presence of sharp objects
- Cracked or broken walkways
- Open gutters
You may have sustained your injury because of one or more of the above conditions, or perhaps from a hazard not listed here.
If you believe that the danger that caused your slip and fall should have been foreseeable by an owner, manager, or another responsible party, then you should consider your eligibility for compensation through a lawsuit.
Call our team at Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. today at (631) 451-7900 for a free consultation. A member of our team will be happy to discuss your slip and fall and your legal options.
Slip and Fall Injuries
A slip and fall can result in a variety of injuries, including:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Broken bones
- Internal bleeding
- Spinal injury
- And more
We recommend that you see a doctor immediately after a slip and fall, even if you believe that your injuries are minor. A doctor can diagnose and begin treating your injuries. They can also create a link in your medical record between your injuries and the slip and fall, which may be used as evidence in your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
The Roadmap for a Slip and Fall Lawsuit
Many who suffer a slip and fall ultimately choose to accept assistance from a lawyer, and you may do the same. There are several ways that a Huntington slip and fall lawyer from Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. may be able to help you, including:
- Determining which defendants could be responsible for your injuries
- Collecting evidence of your slip and fall, which may include photographs and videos of the conditions that caused your slip and fall, witness accounts, forensic reports, and any other proof of negligence
- Consulting experts on premises safety and any other field that is relevant to your lawsuit
- Filing your case
- Obtaining documentation of your injuries
- Representing you in settlement negotiations or at trial
A lawyer from Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. can bring your case whether the location of your injury was:
- A place of business
- A domestic setting
- A government property
Our goal will be to prove that your slip and fall was the result of foreseeable, preventable hazards that ultimately caused you to be injured. If we can achieve this goal, you may be able to collect compensation for current and future losses.
Recoverable Damages in a Slip and Fall Case
Depending on the impact that your slip and fall injury has had on your life, possible forms of compensation from your lawsuit may include coverage for:
- Direct medical expenses from the diagnosis of and treatment for your injuries
- The cost of you recovering to full health, which may include physical rehabilitation and additional medical procedures
- Income that you have not collected because of your injuries
- Pain and suffering caused by the fall and your injuries, which may include the mental toll of your physical pain and debilitation
You could be entitled to awards beyond those listed above.
Call Our Team at Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. Today
If you were injured in a slip and fall in Huntington, a slip and fall lawyer from Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. may be able to pursue compensation on your behalf while you focus on your recovery.
Call Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. today at (631) 451-7900 for a free consultation on your case. Our staff can also assist in Spanish if needed.