While commercial trucks are an essential feature of the economy in New York, they also have the capacity to cause more damage than smaller vehicles when they are involved in crashes.
If you or your family member have been injured in a truck crash, you may be able to collect compensation through a personal injury lawsuit. Recoverable damages in this type of injury case may include your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
A personal injury attorney may be able to manage your case while you concentrate on your recovery.
Call the personal injury law firm at Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. today at (631) 451-7900 for a no-cost consultation about your case. We represent injured victims on a contingency fee basis with no up-front costs required.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Huntington, call 516-451-7900
Truck Driver Negligence May Have Caused Your Personal Injuries
If truck driver negligence was the cause of your collision, the trucker may be liable for the damages they caused you.
There are several ways that a driver of a truck may have acted negligently. Some possible types of negligence include:
- Remaining on the road beyond mandated driving-period limits
- Being under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Failing to properly secure their trucks’ load
- Failing to maintain their vehicle so that it remains roadworthy
- Engaging in common forms of dangerous driving, such as speeding, tailgating, and being distracted behind the wheel
In many cases, driver negligence can be established with evidence that they violated a traffic rule and caused the truck crash.
You may also find that the person responsible for employing or contracting the trucker involved in your collision was negligent. This can occur if the commercial truck was not properly maintained, if it was loaded incorrectly, or if an unqualified driver was hired.
When you work with a truck accident lawyer serving Huntington on your case, they can investigate for evidence of liability.
Call our attorneys at (631) 451-7900 for a free consultation on your personal injury case.
Huntington Truck Accidents Lawyer Near Me 516-451-7900
Weight and Size Can Be a Factor in Your Crash with a Large Truck
Large commercial trucks can weigh up to 80,000 pounds and due to their weight, they may:
- Have a greater capacity to crush or otherwise inflict structural damage upon the vehicle it collides with
- Pose a greater threat to the occupants of the vehicle it collides with than a smaller vehicle, such as a car or SUV, would
- Take longer to brake and come to a complete stop than smaller, lighter vehicles
- Be more difficult to maneuver, including swerving out of the way of an oncoming collision
If you have been in a crash with a truck, we recommend seeing a doctor as soon as possible. Even if you believe that your bodily injuries are minor, you could have hidden or delayed symptoms.
Seeing a doctor can ensure that your personal injuries are diagnosed, and that treatment begins. It can also create a link in your medical record between the truck crash and your injuries that may be used as evidence in your case.
Pursuing Compensation in a Personal Injury Lawsuit
If you are able to prove that another party is liable for your crash injuries, you may be able to recover compensation for:
- Lost income due to a lengthy period of recovery
- Injuries and the cost of medical procedures and care required to treat them
- Long-term or permanent disability
- Pain and suffering, which may arise from both physical, psychological, and emotional trauma
- And more
If your family member passed away as a result of a truck crash, you may be able to pursue a different set of damages in a wrongful death lawsuit. To discuss this type of legal action, contact our law firm today.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
An Injury Lawyer May Be Able to Handle Your Truck Crash Case
If you believe that the trucker who caused your collision was negligent, you may be able to bring a personal injury lawsuit against them.
If you decide to work with a lawyer from Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. on your personal injury case, we can provide a variety of legal services to you, including:
- Answering your questions and providing legal advice
- Handling all communications on your behalf
- Identifying the liable party
- Reaching out to doctors, law enforcement officers, witnesses, and others who can provide existing evidence that is relevant to your case
- Conduct any independent investigation to procure additional evidence
- Hiring crash reconstruction or medical experts to testify on your behalf
- Negotiating for a settlement with the responsible party’s insurance company
- Taking your case to trial if they do not make you a fair settlement offer
Do not delay if you are considering legal action, as New York enforces a statute of limitations, or time limit, for filing these types of lawsuits. Victims generally have a three-year time limit to file personal injury lawsuits and a two-year time limit to file wrongful death lawsuits in New York. There may be exceptions to these deadlines, such as suing a municipality or government agency, that could shorten these time frames.
We can discuss what deadlines pertain to your case when you call our personal injury law firm.
Contact a Truck Accident Lawyer Serving Huntington for Help Today
If you have been the victim of a collision with a truck potentially caused by negligence, you are not alone. Call our personal injury attorneys at Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. today at (631) 451-7900 for a free consultation regarding your personal injury claim. We also gladly assist Spanish speaking clients.
We may be able to offer you representation on a contingency fee basis where you do not pay for our legal fees unless and until you recover compensation at the end of your case.