If you or someone you love was hurt because of someone else’s negligent actions, our Islandia personal injury lawyer can help.
At Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P., our goal is to ensure you can focus on your physical recovery while we focus on your fight for compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Islandia, call 516-451-7900
Our Personal Injury Practice Areas
Everyday life can result in many types of accident-related injuries. That’s why we handle a variety of personal injury cases. We can help if you suffered injuries in the following types of accidents:
- Bicycle Accidents
- Birth Injuries
- Boating Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Dog Bites or attacks
- Medical Malpractice
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Railroad Accidents
- Slip, Trip & Fall Accidents
- Wrongful Death
Islandia Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-451-7900
Personal Injury Compensation: What You Need to Know
The cause of your injuries can play a role in how you seek compensation. You may make an insurance claim or take legal action by filing a personal injury lawsuit.
For example, if you were hit by another driver, you would usually make a claim through your own insurance provider. In New York, many medical expenses are recoverable as part of your own no-fault coverage. If your injuries meet a certain degree of seriousness, you can seek recovery from the at-fault party’s insurer.
You can also seek pain and suffering through a third-party liability lawsuit. Other damages you can seek include:
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Scarring and disfigurement
What if You Share Fault for the Accident?
We will also help you understand the role of contributory negligence. According to CPLR § 1411, any damages you might be awarded will be diminished according to the percentage of liability for your injuries assigned to you. We will help accurately assign fault and fight to protect your right to recovery.
Proving the Four Elements of Negligence
In any type of personal injury case, you have to establish the four elements of negligence. We can collect evidence that demonstrates the at-fault party had a duty of care and how they breached it. From there, we can work to show that their negligence caused or contributed to your accident. Finally, we can work to link your injuries to your accident.
The evidence we gather can range from witness statements to police reports, and we compile it for you. We can also collect evidence that proves and current and ongoing costs of treating the injuries you sustained.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Deadlines May Apply to Your Case
Our goal during representation is to negotiate the financial settlement you are entitled to. We can, however, file a lawsuit on your behalf to protect your right to take your case to trial if needed. We take this step to comply with the following filing deadlines:
- CPLR § 214: If the accident you were involved in resulted in injuries for you or someone you love, the personal injury statute of limitations generally entitles you to three years to file your lawsuit. The statutory clock starts running on the date the injury occurred.
- EPTL § 5-4.1: If the accidental injury in question resulted in the demise of someone you love, the state’s wrongful death statute of limitations generally entitles you to two years to file your lawsuit. The statutory clock starts running on the day of your loved one’s demise.
With enough notice from you, we can help you meet these deadlines. We can also clarify any circumstances of your injury that may extend the filing deadline. Similarly, seeking damages from a municipality could potentially shorten the filing deadline.
Leave the Insurance Company to Us
Taking on a case alone while recovering from injuries can prove overwhelming. You deserve to put your health first. We can handle the legal legwork for you while you rest and recuperate.
- Investigate your case
- Initiate and continue communication with the insurer
- Obtain, complete, and submit insurance claim forms
- Compile, review, and organize supporting evidence
- Assess settlement offers
- File a lawsuit
- Represent you in a trial
At Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P., our personal injury lawyers advocate for victims of negligence. We provide each of our clients personalized attention because we understand each accident is unique.
When we review your case, we can explain how we can tailor a strategy to suit your situation.
We Are Committed to Recovering Personal Injury Damages for Our Clients
When our law firm helps you seek damages, we do it in a responsive, supportive legal environment. When they talk about working with our team, previous clients say:
- : “I must say I could not have asked for a better personal injury firm to represent me. I was involved in a big vehicle accident where I was not at fault. Not only did I win the case, but I was awarded a very good financial amount!”
- Joseph J.: “The outcome was better than expected. The bottom line — if you are looking for a law firm to represent you in a personal injury action — you should look no further than Rosenberg & Gluck.”
You can find a sampling of our client verdicts and settlements on our case results page.
Call for Your Free Case Review Now
If you or someone you love was injured by another person’s negligence, recklessness, or carelessness, we can help you fight for compensation. Our personal injury lawyers serving Islandia can handle your case from start to finish. Let the legal team at Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. fight for you.
Call (631) 451-7900 for a free review of your personal injury case today.