A Uniondale Slip and Fall Lawyer Can Help
If you or a loved one suffered a preventable fall, you might be interested in bringing a legal claim for damages but are unsure of what this process entails. Let a Uniondale slip and fall accident lawyer from Rosenberg & Gluck, LLP handle your slip and fall accident claim on your behalf so that you can focus on healing from your injuries. Our team can:
- Determine the liable party: Identifying the legally responsible party for a slip and fall accident is not always easy. The liable party may be the property owner, the party responsible for maintaining the property, or liability may fall to more than one party.
- Gather evidence that shows the liable party’s negligence: Proving that the defendant acted negligently is a crucial component of a successful slip and fall accident claim. Our team may use maintenance records, photographs, footage from security cameras, and many other types of evidence to support your claim.
- Identify and value your damages: We can help you identify and quantify the past, present, and future costs of your injury and ensure that these costs are included in your injury claim.
- Negotiate with the insurance company or other liable parties: Often, a slip and fall accident claim is brought against the responsible party’s insurer. We can negotiate with the insurance company and fight for a settlement that includes all applicable damages.
- Handle all of the legal paperwork: As with most legal actions, slip and fall accidents involve a great deal of paperwork. We can ensure that any paperwork is completed accurately and within the appropriate time constraints.
- Represent you during a personal injury lawsuit: If a settlement cannot be reached, we can file a personal injury lawsuit on your behalf and represent you during a trial.
Contact Rosenberg & Gluck, LLP for Help Today
The time period during which someone may bring a legal claim is called the “statute of limitations.” Generally, under New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules (CVP) §214, there is a three-year statute of limitations for slip and fall injury claims in New York. Further, wrongful death actions must be brought within two years.
However, some exceptions may shorten the statute of limitations. For example, if you are suing a municipality such as a county, city, or town, you must file a notice of claim within ninety days of the accident. Additionally, according to New York General Municipal (GMU) §50, you only have one year and ninety days to file the actual injury claim. If you or a loved one were hurt in a slip and fall or trip and fall accident, contact a Uniondale slip and fall accident lawyer right away. Call Rosenberg & Gluck, LLP at (631) 451-7900 and schedule a free case evaluation. We can also assist clients in Spanish.