Let a Lawyer Help You File
Under New York Civil Practice Law & Rules (CVP) §214, you generally have three years from the date of the collision to file a personal injury lawsuit. This time limit may be shorter, depending on who you are suing. Therefore, it is a good idea to consult a lawyer sooner rather than later to avoid running out of time to bring your case.
Among other things, a Westbury truck accident lawyer can help you:
- Investigate your case: We will turn to medical records, surveillance footage, eyewitness testimony, and more to find evidence that supports your case.
- Handle paperwork: No task is too small for your lawyer to take care of. That includes all of the paperwork associated with your lawsuit.
- Communicate with others: If the liable party or anyone representing them wants to talk to you, they can do so through us.
- Negotiate a settlement: Accepting a pretrial settlement is often faster than going to trial. Your lawyer will fight hard for a fair settlement that meets your needs and then review the agreement with you before you sign it.
- Go to trial: In the event that the insurance company does not offer a fair settlement, we are willing to go to trial on your behalf. We will submit our evidence to the judge, question witnesses, deliver oral arguments, and more.
- Understand your legal options: If ever you do not understand something or are unsure about what to do, pick up the phone and call us. Your lawyer will take the time to explain everything to your satisfaction.
Not sure if you can afford a lawyer? Not to worry, we work on a contingency-fee-basis. This means we take our fee out of whatever money we help you to recover. Unless and until you receive compensation, you do not owe us a penny.
Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. serves Westbury, New York and other communities throughout Nassau and Suffolk Counties, as well as the metro area. A Westbury truck accident lawyer from our office would be happy to represent you in your fight for compensation. To get started or to ask for more information, call us at (516) 451-7900. We also can also communicate with you in Spanish if needed.