Every day, life-altering incidents occur in the blink of an eye. Tragic instances routinely unfold on highways, in the aisles of retail outlets, and places created for your leisure. If you or a loved one was injured due to someone else’s actions, you could turn to one of our personal injury lawyers serving Bay Shore, NY, for help pursuing damages for your hardship.
For more than two decades, Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. has represented injury victims on Long Island. Our job includes helping clients collect evidence, identify liable parties, and negotiate settlements while they recuperate from their injuries. Now, we are ready to discuss your case with you to see how our team can secure the financial recovery you need.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Bay Shore, call 516-451-7900
Our Personal Injury Lawyers Represent Clients in Various Cases
Recovering your health after a negligent incident takes top priority, but you should also seek legal recourse for your injuries and pain and suffering sooner rather than later. Our personal injury lawyers know the ins and outs of the New York legal system, and they are ready to handle your case from start to finish.
Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. will handle your personal injury claim in Bay Shore, NY. Our lawyers have experience with all sorts of personal injury cases, including:
- Car collisions
- Truck collisions
- Animals attacks or dog bites
- Burn injuries
- Birth injuries
- Construction injuries
- Pedestrian injuries
- Product liability
- Boating collisions
- Bicycle collisions
- Nursing home abuse
- Premises liability
- Dangerous drugs
- Medical malpractice
- Wrongful death
Waiting to contact counsel once you have decided to pursue legal action is risky. This is because you may be prohibited from collecting compensation from the liable party if you wait too long to file. Under CPLR § 214, a victim generally has three years from the date of the incident to initiate legal action in pursuit of damages.
If you have lost a loved one, we will guide you through that legal process as well. Just like personal injury cases, New York puts a time limit on your ability to file a wrongful death lawsuit. Generally, you must file within two years of the wrongful death, according to EPTL § 5-4.1.
Exceptions to these statutes exist, such as when a victim sues a municipality, in which the window to file is even shorter.
Bay Shore Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-451-7900
Our Personal Injury Attorneys at Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. Can Help You
We understand how chaotic life becomes after a significant injury. Working is difficult or impossible for many victims, especially in the immediate aftermath and during the initial recovery process. Your physical abilities become diminished, sometimes permanently.
A barrage of medical paperwork, bills, and appointments can seem like too much to bear – so have our personal injury lawyer shoulder some of the load for you. Our staff working with Bay Shore injury victims can do many things to help.
What We Will Do for You
Our attorneys cover our clients’ legal needs from the initial hospital visit until we reach a settlement or judgment. Responsibilities our team takes on for you include:
- Filing necessary claims and paperwork with the liable party’s insurer
- Organizing and maintaining your medical records and hospital bills for use at trial and your own record-keeping
- Reviewing evidence and police reports about your case
- Speaking with your caregivers to secure a prognosis in preparation
for the trial and settlement processes
- Counseling you with empathy and understanding of your pain and suffering
- Providing a logical, documented determination of the damages we will seek from the liable party
- Staying in touch with the insurance companies via phone or email
- Negotiating a fair settlement with the other party’s insurer
Our team must maintain comprehensive, up-to-date records to benefit your case. Victims of personal injuries should not attempt to keep track of these records alone, as you already deal with enough. We can help you keep the anxiety at bay as our lawyers pursue the damages you are entitled to collect.
How Our Personal Injury Attorneys Get Paid
After reviewing how our lawyers can assist you, you may feel uneasy about retaining our legal services because of the costs. However, that is not an issue, as our lawyers will take on your case for a contingency fee, meaning:
- Our team will provide you with a no-risk, no-obligation complimentary consultation when you first call us.
- There are no retainer or upfront or out-of-pocket charges when you hire us.
- Your lawyer’s payment will be taken from the compensation they obtain for you when your case is closed.
- If they are unable to win an award for you, you are not required to pay us.
Our staff intends to minimize your financial risk under this payment plan.
Recoverable Damages After a Personal Injury in New York
The circumstances of each case vary, and ‘personal injury’ is a fairly broad umbrella. Typically, we look at certain factors, such as:
- Your diagnosis
- Your expected duration and intensity of recovery
- Your age
- Your mental health
- Your mobility
- Your capacity to work
- If you have any dependents
If you have fallen victim to another person’s negligence, your personal injury lawyer will examine your case details and guide you toward the best course of action. Depending on your case specifics, you may be compensated for:
These are losses that have a fixed, monetary value, including:
- Medical bills (current and future): Your injuries might have required you to have emergency care, hospitalization, diagnostic tests and imaging scans, pain medications, assistive medical devices, rehabilitation and physical therapy, and ongoing treatment.
- Lost wages: Your injuries could have prevented you from working and earning an income—whether it was from tips, bonuses, commissions, hourly pay, or a salary, among other employee benefits.
- Future lost earning potential: Your injuries could have kept you from going back to your previous job (or work at all) and you need to make up the difference in pay.
- Domestic or life care services: You might need help making accommodations around your home or taking care of your children.
These are losses that are subjective to your case and intangible, including:
- Pain and suffering: If your injuries cause you intense pain
- Permanent, partial, or total disability: If you have been left with a mental or physical impairment from the negligent incident
- Disfigurement: If your injuries have altered the way you look and move
- Mental anguish: If you are suffering from mental health difficulties, such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, anxiety, insomnia, or something else
- Reduced quality of life: If your injuries keep you from enjoying things you did before you were injured
Wrongful Death Damages
These are losses your family has sustained if your loved one passed away from their injuries, including:
- Funeral and burial service costs
- Final medical expenses
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of services
- Loss of financial support
Our personal injury lawyers are familiar with the intricacies of each of these potential damages and know how to recover them from the liable party.
Your Case May Cross the Serious Injury Threshold
In personal injury cases involving traffic collisions, you must prove that your injuries qualify as “serious” as defined by New York state law under its serious injury threshold.
The following injuries qualify for financial recovery:
- Significant disfigurement
- Loss of a fetus
- Permanent loss of use of a body organ, member, function, or system
- Permanent consequential limitation of a body organ or member
- A significant limitation of use of a body function or system
- Medically determined injury or impairment of a non-permanent nature that prevents you from performing your usual and customary daily activities for at least 90 out of the first 180 days following the collision
Our attorneys can help you understand whether your injuries qualify for financial compensation via a personal injury claim or lawsuit.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Representing Injury Victims in New York
Our aim at Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. is to get you or your loved one the compensation you need. Former clients of ours can speak to the drive and dedication we have for them. To name a few examples:
“They delivered on their promise of getting me the best possible outcome for my case and I couldn’t be happier. I would recommend them to anyone I know who has been involved in any type of accident.” – Michael J.
“I must say I could not have asked for a better personal injury firm to represent me. I was involved in a big vehicle accident where I was not at fault. Not only did I win the case, but I was awarded a very good financial amount!! Very courteous and professional.” – A.
“Whenever I called to see how things were progressing I was able to speak with the attorney handling my case or his assistant and I had all my questions and concerns addressed right away. It was a job well done in helping me achieve a successful closure to an unfortunate event…” – Janet
How did we achieve such outcomes for these clients? We proved that the other party involved was negligent by establishing these principles:
- The other party was to exercise a legal duty of care.
- The other party was negligent and failed to carry out this duty.
- They caused a preventable incident.
- Our client has been left with measurable damages.
You can expect us to use this same strategy with your case.
Doing Your Part After You Were Hurt in Bay Shore, New York
A lawyer from our firm can take on your personal injury case entirely, but there are a few things you yourself can do to help protect your right to financial recovery.
Go See a Doctor Right Away
Immediately following the incident, go to the hospital or your primary care physician. They will begin your treatment plan and detect any injuries that haven’t shown symptoms yet.
Make sure you get documentation of this visit, as it will serve as a strong piece of evidence for your case, linking your car crash or slip and fall to your injuries.
See Your Treatment Through to the End
Follow your doctor’s treatment plan for you exactly. Take the prescribed medications, go to physical therapy, and attend your follow-up appointments. Even if you think that you’re back to normal before you are scheduled to finish, adhere to your regimen. This will ensure that you are in good health and recovering properly.
In addition, it will show the insurance company that your injuries set you back, and you did all you could to get better. In turn, it will have less of a reason to argue or deny your claim altogether.
Do Not Fight for Compensation on Your Own After You Were Injured in Bay Shore
If you were hurt in a slip and fall at Shipwreck Cove Spray Park in Bay Shore or got injured in a car collision on Sunrise Highway, you deserve to have a legal advocate. Our lawyers can be on your side to help you pursue financial damages after a personal injury accident.
Reach out to the team at Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. today for a free consultation. Our firm can also assist Spanish-speaking victims and loved ones who a personal injury has impacted. You pay nothing until we win your case.