Responsible people try to avoid causing harm to others. When someone behaves irresponsibly, they can cause injury to innocent people. A personal injury lawyer from Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. is ready to step in and help Bohemia accident victims like you. Our team can evaluate your case for free and work to hold the irresponsible person accountable for their behavior.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Bohemia, call 516-451-7900
Table of Contents
- Our Personal Injury Lawyers Focus on Getting You Damages
- We Concentrate on Your Concerns as We Pursue Your Case
- How We Lay a Foundation for Your Claim or Lawsuit?
- If You Were Hurt by Negligence, Give Us a Call
Bohemia Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-451-7900
Our Personal Injury Lawyers Focus on Getting You Damages
Regardless of the form your case takes, your compensation will be split into two categories. Economic damages are literal costs of your accident, while non-economic damages are personal costs.
The Literal Costs of Your Accident
Any costs associated with diagnosing, treating, and living with your injuries could be covered in your compensation, including:
- Emergency care
- Doctor appointments
- Diagnostic tests
- Medical equipment
- Lost income
Some injuries are more costly, and some expenses are long-term. For instance, hospital care for traumatic brain injuries is more expensive, according to the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Spinal cord injuries can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars per year, just for necessary healthcare.
It can be scary not knowing what your future holds after an accident, especially when you are pursuing compensation for that future. You do not have to come up with these numbers on your own – our team calculates what your injuries will cost and what you will lose in wages, salary, and commissions in the future. This includes accounting for additional costs like job retraining and losing out on revenue from side gigs.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
The Personal Costs of Your Accident
Any physical injury naturally has an emotional and psychological component as well. Your ordeal may be compensable through non-economic damages such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Mental anguish
- Reduced earning capacity
- Loss of enjoyment of life
We even include factors like how your injuries affect your relationships or your ability to do activities you once enjoyed. Any areas of your life that are permeated by your injury could be covered by damages.
We Concentrate on Your Concerns as We Pursue Your Case
First and foremost, our personal injury lawyers serve Bohemia accident victims by treating them as individuals with individual needs. Although we have over 100 years of combined legal experience, we know this situation is singular for you. We expect you to have questions and will work with you personally to answer them.
We also keep you informed about what we are doing, why, and how. Some tasks we can handle include:
- Communicating with all parties
- Reviewing paperwork and settlement offers
- Negotiating terms and amounts
- Filing lawsuits
- Compiling evidence
- Consulting experts
- Preparing a case for trial if needed
You can learn about all these services and more at your free initial consultation.
On Your Side Against Insurance Companies
Personal injury cases often involve insurance companies, which can present a frustrating obstacle to the care and compensation you need. Dealing with insurance companies is a frequent reason why clients call on us, because we can help with:
- Undervaluing: An insurance company may underestimate what you need to pay for your injuries, how the injuries have affected your life, and your future costs.
- Pressure: To close a claim quickly, adjusters may try to get you to accept a settlement before you even know what you need.
- Stalling: Stalling is a tactic used in the hope that you will give up on getting the compensation you deserve.
- Bad faith: Some insurance companies reject claims without reason, do not honor your policy’s terms, take too long, or otherwise act in bad faith.
If you are not sure how to handle an insurance company, let us do it for you.
How We Lay a Foundation for Your Claim or Lawsuit?
While there are many forms of personal injury, they all rely on demonstrating that negligence caused you harm. This involves four components:
- Duty of care: Someone was obligated to behave in a way that avoided causing injury
- Violation of duty of care: Someone did not behave reasonably to avoid causing harm
- Causation: That violation caused you injury
- Damages: Your injury entitles you to compensation from the liable party
For example, you may have been struck by a truck driver who was under the influence. Reuters reports that drug use (including amphetamines, cocaine, and marijuana) is high among commercial drivers. However, that driver is obligated to drive while sober. By taking drugs and getting behind the wheel, the driver violated their duty, injuring you and entitling you to damages.
Evidence Underpins Personal Injury Cases
Connecting the dots between those four elements of negligence requires evidence. We may use:
- Photos of injuries, debris, or the accident scene
- Video footage from traffic or security cameras or provided by bystanders
- Police reports and evidence collected by authorities
- Records of calls, texts, emails, or social media usage
- Medical records documenting your injuries
- Testimony from witnesses and experts in areas relevant to your case
- Accident reconstruction to highlight what caused your injuries
The crucial evidence in your case could be a photo, a piece of debris, or a surveillance video. However, we do not rely on just one piece of evidence. We cast our net far and wide to compile various forms of data and support to strengthen your case.
Types of Cases Our Personal Injury Lawyers Handle in Bohemia
Roadway accidents are often a source of personal injury cases, including ones involving:
We also help victims of:
- Nursing home abuse
- Birth injuries
- Construction accidents
- Slip, trip, and fall accidents
- Dog bites
- Premises liability
- Product liability
- Uninsured/Underinsured motorist
- Medical malpractice
- Wrongful death
If You Were Hurt by Negligence, Give Us a Call
You may not know what category of personal injury you suffered or who can be held liable – you are just hurting. To get started on your Bohemia injury case, contact our personal injury lawyers today at (631) 451-7900. We offer free consultations and can also assist you in Spanish.
Rosenberg & Gluck, LLP
1176 Portion Road
Holtsville, NY 11742
This firm was able to obtain the maximum amount possible for me…
– Craig S., Car Accident Client