The Statute of Limitations on Your Case
New York imposts a statute of limitations, or legal time limit, on your ability to file a lawsuit related to damages from a negligent act. In New York, there is generally a three-year limitation for personal injury lawsuits and two years limitation for wrongful death lawsuits. If your case involves a municipality, the timeline can be shorter than this.
Do not delay if you are considering legal action for your damages. We can discuss what deadlines pertain to your case when you call our firm for a free consultation.
Work with Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. on Your Personal Injury Case
If you or a family member were the victims of a personal injury incident in Hampton Bays, our firm wants to help you. When you hire Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. in your case, a lawyer from our firm can:
- Answer your questions and offer legal advice
- Identify the liable party in your case
- Gather evidence to establish their liability
- Gather evidence to establish the extent of your damages
- Communicate with all parties on your behalf
- Handle all paperwork and deadlines in your case
- Negotiate with the responsible party’s insurance company for a settlement
- Sue them and take the case to trial if they are not willing to make you a fair offer
You can dedicate your time and energy to your recovery when we manage these tasks on your behalf.
To get started, contact Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. today at (631) 451-7900. We can review the cause of your injuries and discuss your legal options as part of our free consultation. We also have team members available who can assist clients in Spanish.
We handle personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis with no up-front costs required for us to begin working for you.