If someone else’s negligence hurt you, you could seek compensation for your damages. A personal injury lawyer from Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. serving Hollis can help you with this task. While you’re getting treatment, we will calculate your losses and pursue a settlement from the other party and/or their insurer.
You can learn more about our law firm and how we could serve you when you contact us for a free, no-obligation consultation. We won’t charge anything unless and until we reach a settlement or verdict for you.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Hollis, call 516-451-7900
Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. Deals with a Wide Range of Practice Areas
Our law firm handles many personal injury cases, such as:
- Car collisions
- Truck collisions
- Bicycle collisions
- Boating collisions
- Product liability
- Construction injuries
- Pedestrian collisions
- Slip or trip and fall injuries
- Burn injuries
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse
- Dog bites and animal attacks
If your loved one passed away from one of these incidents, our attorneys could help you take wrongful death action against the liable party.
Hollis Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-451-7900
What Happens You Put Your Case in Our Personal Injury Lawyers’ Hands
Our team will construct a solid case for compensation by:
- Talking to your doctors about your condition
- Collecting medical records, photographs, and video evidence
- Contacting witnesses and taking their statements
- Ordering a copy of the crash or incident report
- Establishing the negligent party
- Handling communication among all parties
- Negotiating fair damages
- Taking your case before a jury if a settlement isn’t possible
Your lawyer will take on all these responsibilities for you in exchange for a contingency fee. In other words, don’t worry about paying us upfront, hourly, or out of pocket. Your lawyer will only be compensated for their assistance if they procure compensation for you. This way, there won’t be any surprise fees or additional financial stress if you select Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. to work for you.
Why Choose Our Lawyers to Help with Your Hollis Personal Injury Case?
Our law firm has been serving personal injury victims on Long Island since 1983. We have given each of these clients the time, attention, and care they deserve. Take a look at some of their testimonials:
“John and I would really like to thank you for everything you have done. Without you guys, we wouldn’t have anything. Now we have a chance to really start living our lives. With our deepest appreciation, it’s hard to express in words how thankful we are.” – Denise T.
“This is a great firm and I highly recommend them. They really do care about their clients. I received personalized attention and really felt that knew every detail of my case. They are upfront and honest. There are no hidden surprises. I am very pleased with this firm…” – Anonymous
In addition to giving our clients a positive experience, we work to secure the financial recovery they need. Check out a handful of our case outcomes:
- $1.5 million for a man who was working at a construction site and sustained injuries after getting shocked with high voltage
- $1.5 million for a server who tripped and fell at work due to spilled water
- $1.2 million for our client who suffered back and shoulder injuries after he tripped and fell because of a faulty handrail
- $900,000 for our client who lost her hearing due to a car crash
You can entrust our personal injury attorneys to pursue the compensation that addresses your needs and helps you move forward after this trying time.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
The Types of Damages You Can Pursue in a Personal Injury Case
Our lawyers will review the facts of your case to get an idea of the compensation you can seek from the other party or their insurer. They will look at:
- The type of incident you were in
- The type, nature, and extent of your injuries
- How long you are expected to recover
- The intensity of your treatment
- If you can return to your job
This information may show us that you and your family are eligible to obtain compensation for:
- Past and ongoing medical treatment bills: For the ambulance ride, pain medications, surgery, hospital stays, mobility aids, diagnostic exams, and follow-up appointments
- Pain and suffering: For the inconvenience and discomfort you endure from your injuries
- Lost wages: For any unpaid time off, tips, business opportunities, promotions, bonuses, or other employee benefits you missed
- Lost future earning capacity: For the wages you won’t be able to earn if your injuries inhibit you from working your previous job or at all
- Mental anguish: For the sleeplessness, anxiety, fear, or other mental health struggles you’re dealing with due to the trauma of the incident
- Disfigurement: For the physical scarring resulting from your injuries
If your loved one suffered fatal injuries, you and your family could recover wrongful death damages. Examples of these types of awards are:
- The decedent’s lost income
- Medical bills
- Funeral, memorial, or burial expenses
- Pain and suffering
Timelines You Must Follow If You’re Filing a Lawsuit in New York
For you to hold the responsible party liable for your damages, you must abide by certain time frames that New York State has implemented. To illustrate:
- Under CPLR § 214, you generally have three years to file a personal injury lawsuit.
- If you lost a family member due to a collision caused by negligence, the two-year deadline for filing a wrongful death lawsuit would likely apply, per EPT § 5-4.1.
- CPLR § 214-A would place a two-and-a-half-year time limit on medical malpractice lawsuits if medical error harmed you.
Make sure you file your lawsuit before your applicable statute runs out. If you’re too late, the court may deny your right to compensation, which would force you to come up with the money to pay off your damages. While the time frames above are those that generally apply, there are many situations when you may have far less time to act, such as when pursuing a claim against a municipality or other governmental entity.
Let Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. Assist You with Your Hollis Personal Injury Case Today
Whether you were in a car crash on Jamaica Avenue or tripped and fell at Franhill Plaza Retail & Professional, our personal injury lawyers serving Hollis are ready to get to work on your case.
Connect with Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. today for a free case evaluation at (516) 451-7900. Our staff can assist you in Spanish if that’s your preferred language.