East Hampton Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
After being hit by a car in East Hampton, NY, you may be facing thousands of dollars in medical bills, lost wages, and possibly even a lifelong disability. We understand how incredibly trying the first weeks after suffering an injury can be. You do not have to face this situation on your own.
Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. is a team of dedicated, smart trial lawyers who understand how the law works and how to counteract the tactics insurance companies use to pay you less. Our lawyers have the legal experience and knowledge to fight hard for you.
After a crash, you want a pedestrian accident lawyer in East Hampton, NY who has what it takes to pursue the compensation you deserve. We are here for you. Call our firm today for a free consultation at 631-451-7900.
Damages You May Recover After Your Pedestrian vs. Car Crash
Crashes involving pedestrians can result in thousands of dollars in losses due to the nature of a collision between an unprotected person and the unyielding metal of a vehicle. Even a smaller vehicle traveling at relatively low speeds can cause devastating damage that may take years to recover from.
In addition to medical costs, you may be unable to work and suffer from physical pain. Our goal is to pursue the maximum amount of compensation possible for you. The losses you are eligible to recover will depend on a variety of factors, but some of the most common damages we pursue include:
- Medical bills
- Rehabilitation therapy
- Lost wages
- Lost future wages
- Employment benefits
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
For a more accurate understanding of the amount of damages, you may recover, call Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. today at 631-451-7900. Our team can review your situation and determine the best legal strategy to recover the maximum amount of compensation.
Determining Who Is at Fault for Your Injuries
One of the first steps in filing an injury claim is determining who is at fault for the collision. New York law requires vehicles to yield the right of way to pedestrians who are in a crosswalk.
Many pedestrian collisions are a result of a driver failing to follow the law. However, in some situations, the pedestrian may be at fault. Or, there may be multiple parties at fault, depending upon the details of your case.
The at-fault party may include:
- The driver, if they failed to yield
- A bicyclist, if they failed to yield to a pedestrian
- The driver’s employer, if they knowingly employed an untrained worker or a worker with a history of driving infractions
- The manufacturer of the vehicle or a vehicle part if the collision was caused by faulty equipment
- The city or a construction company if the crash was caused by a road hazard or similar dangerous situation caused by road work
The team at Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. is dedicated to recovering the maximum compensation possible. To do so, we will seek to uncover all at-fault parties and seek compensation from multiple insurance policies if possible.
How We Can Help with Your Injury Case
After your collision, you may be unable to enjoy life the way you did before. You may be overwhelmed and worried about your family’s future. Our team of dedicated injury attorneys is here to help you navigate the injury claims process. Here are the services we offer.
- A free case review to help you understand your right to compensation
- Dedicated, hands-on legal assistance
- Take on all communication with the insurance company, other lawyers, and adjusters
- Gather documentation to build a strong claim for compensation
- Work with experts, including reconstruction specialists and medical professionals, to prove who is at fault and how the collision has impacted your life
- Calculate your full range of damages, including future losses such as medical care and lost earning potential
- Negotiate with the insurance company to recover as much compensation as possible
- Fight for your right to recover damages in a New York court, if required
You are not alone. Our team of injury lawyers can help ensure your rights are protected each step of the way. Call us today at 631-451-7900.
You Have a Limited Time to Recover Losses After Your Collision
Ideally, you should seek legal representation in the first 24 hours after the collision occurs. This is due to several factors. First, evidence in a car crash must be recovered quickly. We work to document evidence such as skid marks, car damage, and physical injuries from the crash that can be used to build a strong claim. We will also collect witness statements and police reports to strengthen your case.
In addition, New York law gives you a limited amount of time to pursue compensation. According to the statute of limitations, you generally have three years from the date of your pedestrian collision to pursue a claim in court. The deadline could be even shorter in some cases.
Get Legal Help from a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in East Hampton, NY Today
If you were hit by a car in East Hampton, NY, you have the right to recover compensation from the at-fault party in most cases. Our lawyers are here to help you pursue the compensation you deserve. We are dedicated to helping protect the rights of injury victims just like you.
Take advantage of our free legal case review to understand your rights and find out how a pedestrian accident lawyer in East Hampton, NY can help you recover compensation. Call Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. at 631-451-7900 now for assistance in English, Spanish, or Russian.