Garden City Car Accident Lawyer
You did not choose to be injured in a car collision, but you can choose a car collision lawyer in Garden City to protect your rights. New York state’s unique set of statutes concerning liability, negligence, and insurance can be daunting when you are seeking compensation. That is why we invite you to call Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. to discuss your case at no cost or obligation.
A car collision lawyer will:
- Review the benefits and coverage of your insurance
- Assess your injuries and damages to seek compensation for damages not covered by your insurance
- Secure necessary evidence and testimony to determine the liability of the party or parties involved
- Negotiate with the other party’s insurance adjuster for an acceptable settlement
- Take your case to trial if necessary
For a free consultation, please call (631) 451-7900.
What a Car Collision Lawyer in Garden City Looks for When Seeking Compensation
Compensation in a car crash requires that a plaintiff’s lawyer must prove that it is more likely than not that negligence caused the crash. Our firm has represented countless plaintiffs and recovered millions of dollars in insurance settlements and trial verdicts.
Each case is different, yet there are common elements that need to be proven in a car collision claim or lawsuit:
- The defendant owed a duty of care to the plaintiff to take reasonable measures to avoid a collision.
- The defendant breached this duty of care in some way, such as speeding.
- This negligence caused injuries, which generated damages in the form of medical expenses, property damage, and other losses.
A car crash lawyer in Garden City with Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. will investigate the circumstances that led to the collision. Our attorneys want to find out what happened to get a full valuation of your injuries and losses.
How a Lawyer Can Determine Liability in a Car Collision in Garden City
You are a valuable source of information for your attorney. It is important that you give a detailed account of what happened before, during, and just after the collision.
However, the defendant will also give his or her version of events. That is why an injury lawyer will use other sources to show liability and help you get the compensation you deserve.
Some of these sources might include:
- Police reports
- Driver’s reports
- Witness statements
- Photographic evidence of skid marks, road debris, damaged vehicles, and other visuals from the collision site
- Closed-camera video if available
- Blood alcohol content (BAC) results if collision involved drunk driving
- Photos and diagnosis of your injuries
- Evaluation by your medical professional (with your permission)
As you can see, there are many steps involved when seeking compensation. The injury lawyers in Garden City with Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. can spend many hours piecing together the circumstances of your collision. It is our goal to get you compensated for your injuries and damages.
Generally speaking, the statute of limitations for a personal injury lawsuit is three years from the date of the collision according to CPLR 214. However, certain mitigating factors, such as suing a municipality, may shorten the time. Do not delay. To get started, please call (631) 451-7900. Your consultation is free.
Financial Recovery in a Car Crash
There is no predetermined amount of compensation in a car collision. A car crash lawyer with our firm will send a detailed claim to the defendant’s insurance company. If the case goes to trial, our lawyers will submit a detailed complaint.
Compensatory damages for a car collision are divided into two categories, special and general. Special damages are for losses such as medical bills or emergency room services. General damages are less specific but just as important. These include pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and mental anguish.
Your damages may depend on a few factors:
- The extent and severity of your injuries
- Expected prognosis (if you are expected to return to your pre-injury activities including work)
Here are the most common damages that plaintiffs seek in an injury claim:
- Medical expenses such as ambulance, doctor’s visits, prescriptions, and related costs
- Rehabilitation therapies and treatment, including physical therapy and mental health services for emotional trauma
- Lost pay
- Reduced earning potential
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium and companionship
We know that you may be recuperating from your injuries. You should not have to worry about pursuing compensation. A car collision lawyer in Garden City from Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. will be your legal advocate who is looking out for you. The sooner you call, the faster we can begin to help.
Seeking Compensation for a Wrongful Death After a Car Collision
The New York state senate recognizes the right of surviving family members to seek compensation after the wrongful death of a loved one. As with a personal injury lawsuit, certain conditions must be met to seek compensation.
- That death was caused by intentional or negligent conduct by another person.
- The victim would have been entitled to compensation for negligence had he or she lived.
- There are eligible family members who have suffered damages because of the wrongful death.
Who May File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit
The following individuals may be entitled to file a wrongful death lawsuit in New York:
- The decedent’s spouse
- The decedent’s children (either biological or legally adopted)
- The decedent’s parents
- An attorney or personal representative for the decedent’s estate
The statute of limitations for a wrongful death case is generally two years from the date of your loved one’s death. Surviving family members may seek compensation for damages such as:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Medical bills
- Lost income
- Loss of support
We Are a Law Firm Dedicated to Helping the Injured and Their Families
If you were injured or lost a loved one in a recent car crash and want the services of an injury lawyer in Garden City, Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. is here to help. We will dedicate ourselves to getting you the compensation you deserve. Our lawyers work on a contingency fee basis only, and we can assist clients in Spanish and Russian. For a free case review, please call (631) 451-7900.