Any collision involving a passenger car, motorcycle, bicycle, or pedestrian against a heavy truck can result in significant injuries or death. More than 136,900 emergency room visits involved motor vehicle collision injuries in a two-year period alone, according to the New York State Department of Health.
A truck collision lawyer in Garden City understands the physical, emotional, and financial consequences of these collisions. That is why you should exercise your legal right to consult an attorney with Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. Our lawyers will pursue compensation on a contingency basis.
Please call (631) 451-7900 for a free case review.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Garden City, call 631-203-1691
What to Do at the Scene of a Truck Collision
The personal injury firm of Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. has more than 100 combined years of knowledge and experience. If you or a family member was injured in a truck crash, here is our suggested checklist:
- Stay on the scene and call 911. It is illegal to leave the scene of a crash, and you have an obligation to get help for injured people and exchange insurance information with other motorists.
- Get medical attention for your injuries. We cannot stress enough the importance of having a medical professional evaluate you right away. Not only will this help you get the care you need, but it will also help connect your injuries to the collision
- If you can, take pictures of the crash scene with your cell phone. Be sure to include the final resting place of vehicles, road debris, damage to your vehicle and others, and a geographic perspective that shows the crash location (for example, include a street sign or highway marker in your pictures).
- Call a truck collision lawyer as soon as possible.
New York state has complex liability laws and insurance requirements that make it difficult for most people to fully protect their rights. This includes your right to seek compensation from a liable truck driver and other third-party entities. A truck collision lawyer in Garden City with our firm is ready to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Garden City Truck Accidents Lawyer Near Me 631-203-1691
How a Truck Collision Lawyer in Garden City Benefits You and Your Family
Some of the most serious injuries we have seen with clients are from a truck collision. According to the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles, most reported truck collisions involve two or more vehicles. A typical passenger car weighs about 4,000 pounds, while a large truck can easily weigh 10 times that amount.
Treating these injuries is expensive. Even if you have insurance, you are responsible for paying the deductible and other expenses that may not be covered in your policy. Our truck crash lawyers believe that the party responsible for your injuries should be held accountable.
A lawyer with Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. will pursue compensation from the at-fault driver for damages that may include:
- Ambulance, emergency department, hospital stays, and other medical expenses
- Lifecare costs
- Lost pay
- Wage gap if you must stop working, decrease the hours you can work, or cannot return to your earlier job due to injury
- Disability, disfigurement, or both
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium or companionship
You Pay Only if We Recover Compensation
We believe that everyone should have access to legal representation without the barrier of up-front costs. Our truck collision lawyers work on a contingency basis. This means that you do not owe attorney fees unless we successfully recover compensation for you.
When Your Injuries Exceed the Limits of No-Fault Insurance Basic Coverage
Under New York state law, drivers must carry no-fault insurance that covers basic costs for bodily injury. However, a truck collision can cause injuries that push a victim into the next tier of financial recovery. A lawyer with Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. will show that your injuries meet or exceed the significant injury threshold.
In general, the state considers the following injuries and conditions to allow a plaintiff to file an insurance claim or lawsuit against the at-fault driver:
- Bone fractures, broken bones, or crushed bones
- Dismemberment of an appendage
- Organ loss or permanent loss of a bodily system
- Scarring and other disfigurements
- Loss of a fetus
- Total disability that lasts for at least 90 days or is permanent
- Significant limitation of a body use or function
We will seek an acceptable insurance settlement for your losses. However, we will prepare for trial if necessary, to pursue the compensation you deserve.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Statute of Limitations in a Truck Collision Case
Generally speaking, you have three years from the date of the collision to file a personal injury lawsuit in New York for bodily injury. If a loved one passed away because of injuries in a truck collision, you typically have two years from the date of passing (not the truck collision) to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
This may seem like plenty of time until you consider a few things:
- It is common to wait several months before trial proceedings can begin.
- It takes time to build a convincing case against a negligent driver.
- You want to access evidence, witness statements, and other essential information while it is current and available.
- You may have a shorter amount of time if you are suing a municipality.
You have a limited time to take legal action, so it is important to contact your lawyer as soon as you can to get the process started.
We Help You Recover the Compensation You Deserve
Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. will protect your rights and seek compensation. You will receive personalized legal attention with updates at each stage of your case. We can also help clients in Spanish and Russian. For a free consultation, please call (631) 451-7900.