Holtsville Injury Lawyer for Construction Accidents Caused by Car Accident on Construction Site
You might be able to pursue compensation for your injuries if you were hurt in a car crash on a construction site in Holtsville, NY. The lawyers at Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. can investigate the incident, collect the evidence to build your case, and negotiate directly with the insurance company on your behalf.
We work hard to get you full and fair compensation. If the insurer refuses to pay you a reasonable amount for your claim, we can file a lawsuit to protect your legal rights and recover financial damages for you.
At Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P., we provide small firm service with big firm results. Call us today at (631) 451-7900 to get a free consultation and to secure the help of an injury lawyer for construction accidents caused by car accidents on a construction site in Holtsville.
Your Right to Compensation for Your Losses
Many people assume that their only remedy for an injury at a job site is to file for workers’ compensation benefits, which may be inadequate for what you suffered.
In a construction accident involving severe injuries, however, the law does not limit you to a workers’ compensation claim for your damages. You cannot sue your employer, but you can pursue an action against third parties if their negligence caused or contributed to your losses.
Liability for a Construction Accident Involving a Vehicle
Everyone on a construction site has an obligation to use sufficient safety equipment and safety protocols to maintain a safe workplace. Construction sites are highly dangerous places, despite numerous safety regulations.
Depending on the facts of your situation, the property owner, project manager, general contractor, subcontractor, or some other party might be responsible for the harm you suffered. Because there are so many people from different organizations doing a wide variety of activities at construction sites, you might be able to sue more than one person or company.
What to Do After a Construction Site Car Crash
The steps you take after a car crash on a construction site can have an impact on how much compensation you can get for your injury claim. Every situation is different, and you should always do what makes sense in your circumstances. Here are some suggestions of actions to consider after a collision at a construction site:
- Get medical care. You should always get medical treatment right away after a workplace injury. Sometimes people do not realize the extent or severity of their injuries until their situation becomes life-threatening. Internal bleeding, for example, does not always display immediate symptoms. Also, your medical records will provide a vital link between your injuries and the crash.
- Preserve the evidence. If you can do so safely, take photos of the place where the incident happened before anyone cleans up or otherwise changes the conditions. Even a cell phone photo can make the difference if the negligent party makes up a story about what caused your injury.
- Talk to an attorney. Insurance companies do not have to inform you of your legal rights or instruct you on things like the deadline for filing a lawsuit for your damages. If you miss the deadline, you cannot recover for your losses. Having an injury lawyer for construction accidents caused by car accidents on a construction site in Holtsville represent you from the beginning can protect you from mistakes that can cost you.
Construction Site Car Crash Damages
The amount of compensation a person can receive in these cases will depend on the facts of the situation. The compensation you recover should account for all your damages, which may include your pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, diminished earning capacity, disability, and other losses.
Three Things to Not Do After a Car Accident on a Construction Site
Here are some of the things that can hurt the value of your claim for financial damages:
- Talking to people at the scene of the crash. Be aware that people might twist your words or take them out of context to try to get out of paying you what you deserve. For example, if you express compassion to another person injured in the collision, the negligent party might accuse you of admitting fault.
- Accepting a lowball offer. Insurance claims adjusters often dangle a settlement check in front of an injured person without explaining that the check is the only one the person will receive. You will have to pay all of your medical bills out of the amount. Many people realize, too late, that they should have gotten much more money for their losses.
- Posting on social media. Do not post anything—photos or comments—about the crash or your injuries on social media. Insurance companies routinely scan through social media sites to find things they can use to devalue your claim.
At Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P., we guide our clients through every step of the claims and litigation process. You do not have to tackle the insurance company on your own. An injury lawyer for construction accidents caused by car accidents on the construction site in Holtsville can stand between you and them, protecting your rights and fighting hard to get you full and fair compensation for your losses. We can also assist clients in Spanish and Russian.
Our personal injury firm takes these cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that our legal fees come out of the settlement or verdict. You do not have to pay upfront legal fees. Do not wait to take legal action as you have a limited period of time to recover compensation.
Call us today at (631) 451-7900 for a free consultation. There is no obligation.