Slip and falls almost always happen in an instant and without warning, which is often why resulting injuries can be so severe. And while slip and falls can be unavoidable, often they are the result of negligence on the part of the property owner or manager where the fall occurred.
If you or a loved one was injured as the result of a slip and fall, we can help you pursue damages from the responsible party. Call our team at Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. today at (631) 451-7900 to find out how we can help.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall accidents lawyer serving Suffolk County, call 631-203-1691
Do Not Wait to Contact a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Suffolk County, NY
If you or a loved one were injured in a slip and fall, do not wait to call us. The state of New York imposes a statute of limitations on victims of negligence and waiting to contact a slip and fall lawyer may mean compromising your ability to bring legal action.
New York state law generally mandates that victims of a slip and fall injury bring a personal injury claim no more than three years from the date of the injury under New York Civil Practice Law § 214. If you have lost a loved one as the result of a slip and fall and want to bring a wrongful death claim, you generally have just two years from the date of the event to do so under New York Civil Practice Law § 5-4.1.
However, there are exceptions to these statutes which have significantly shorter time limitations, including where a municipality or governmental entity is involved. Regardless of when or where the injury incident occurred, we want to hear from you. Give us a call today at (631) 451-7900 to find out how we can help.
Suffolk County Slip and Fall Accidents Lawyer Near Me 631-203-1691
What We Will Do for You
A slip and fall lawyer in Suffolk County, NY, with Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. will handle your personal injury claim from start to finish. A member of our team will:
Meet With You and Your Physician
- Meet with you in your place of recovery to discuss the injury, including how it happened and how it has impacted your ability to work and live
- Speak with your physician and other medical professionals to collect your test results, x-rays, and other medical documentation that will come in use at trial or in settlement negotiations
Begin Building Your Case
- Organize your injury documentation as evidence of the damage that the slip and fall caused
- Review the scene of the slip and fall in person
- Collect all evidence of the injury and/or the conditions that caused it, including videos and photographs
- Interview any witnesses to the injury or the hazardous conditions and document their accounts
- Review and archive any police reports pertaining to the injury, and any other reports that show a pattern of negligence
Handle Your Legal Needs From Start to Finish
- File the paperwork to initiate legal proceedings
- Handle all correspondence with judges, lawyers, and others who will play a role in collecting your damages
- Present a case that shows why you are entitled to damages from the liable party
- Ensure that your rights are protected from our initial meeting through the completion of a settlement or judgment
Proving Liability in a Slip and Fall Injury Case
When it comes time to establish that the defendant is at fault for your injuries, we will follow a four-step process:
- Establishing that the liable party owed you a duty of care
Any property owner is legally required to keep the property in a reasonably safe condition and is not permitted to put patrons at an unreasonable risk of harm. This duty of care is the law in New York.
- Show that the defendant breached their duty of care
This step can be shown through evidence and/or testimony proving that the area where your injury occurred was unsafe, whether due to:
- Unmarked changes in elevation (steps, ledges, etc.)
- Loose flooring (carpets, tile, concrete, etc.)
- Unmarked or uncleaned wet or icy spots
- Any conditions that could have caused your injury and should have been prevented by the defendant
- Proving that the breach of duty caused your injury and resulting expenses
If we are able to prove that the defendant breached their duty of care, establishing that the defendant’s breach of their duty caused your injuries is the next step.
- Calculating and presenting your case for damages
This step will be based on the losses you have endured as a result of the slip and fall. Our team will present medical and economic evidence to establish the full extent of the damages you suffered as a result of the defendant’s negligence.
Call our team at Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. today at (631) 451-7900 to discuss your case. A slip and fall lawyer in Suffolk County, NY from our firm can help.
Damages You May Be Entitled to in a Slip and Fall Injury Case
Each slip and fall case is different, but you may be able to recover the following damages:
- The cost of emergency transportation
- Any ER bills
- The cost of any surgery needed for your injuries
- The cost of your hospital stay
- The cost of any long-term rehabilitation, and the cost of transportation to those appointments
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Long-term disability
- Pain and suffering
If a slip and fall caused the death of your loved one, you may be entitled to additional damages covering:
- Funeral costs
- Any medical costs for the deceased
- Loss of companionship (spouse)
- Loss of guidance (children)
- Loss of future wages
- Loss of financial protection
The circumstances of your case may mean that you are entitled to additional damages not listed here.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
You May Be Entitled to Damages Even if You Contributed to Your Injuries
Not all injuries are found to be solely the fault of the defendant. It may be the case that your own actions also contributed to your injury in some way. New York Civil Practice Law § 1411 states that, even if you are found to have contributed to the injury, you may still be entitled to recover financial damages.
Do not ever assume that your case cannot be heard or will not be successful. If you or a loved one has been injured in a slip and fall injury, call our team at Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. today at (631) 451-7900 for a consultation. For your convenience, our staff can even answer your questions in Spanish and Russian.