If you suffered injuries in a collision, you may wonder “Do I need a lawyer after a car accident?” If you want to take a practical approach toward obtaining a settlement or trial award, you may consider hiring an attorney after a car crash. However, there are other times where you may not need one, especially if you feel satisfied with the settlement offer you received. The most direct way to determine if you need one or not is by running your case by our law firm.
A car collision lawyer can adequately assess your past and future medical costs, as well as account for lost work wages. He or she also may have the necessary resources to secure expert opinions and investigate your claim thoroughly.
When You May Need a Collision Lawyer
Some cases may not necessarily require the advice and guidance of a lawyer, but most victims of car collisions will benefit from the assistance of a lawyer. The more complex the case is, the more you may benefit from having a lawyer’s assistance.
Keep in mind that car crash law firms will typically offer a free consultation, which means that you can discuss your case with a legal team before making a decision. Depending on the nature of the collision and your needs as a client, a car collision lawyer can:
- Offer legal information and advice: If you have never been injured in a car collision before, you likely have many questions and require accurate information and advice regarding your case. Hiring an attorney can help you feel more confident in the decision-making process, as well as in knowing that a professional is trying to protect your rights.
- Handle communications: A car crash victim must not discuss the claim with anyone other than his or her attorney. From the moment you hire a lawyer, he or she becomes your advocate and “voice” throughout the entire claims process. Instead of fighting with insurance adjusters and lawyers, you can concentrate on getting better.
- Investigate the crash: Thoroughly investigating the cause of your crash and working to collect any necessary documentation is vital for demanding an adequate settlement or trial award. Your lawyer will present this evidence to the insurance company and may obtain an expert opinion as needed.
- Evaluate your claim: Not only can your attorney request compensation for your medical costs, but he or she may also look into your emotional losses, as well as future medical needs. Once you accept an insurance settlement offer, you no longer hold a right to money later on if you discover that your injuries are much worse than previously thought. Your lawyer will look into all possibilities when obtaining a settlement to help ensure your compensation is fair.
- Fight for you at trial: Under the guidance of your lawyer, you can determine if going to trial is the most advantageous strategy to deploy when insurance companies supply inadequate offers. Your lawyer may not recommend that you take your case to trial if he or she does not believe that the benefits will outweigh the costs.
As you can see, there are as many variables to consider as there are benefits of hiring a personal injury lawyer. Only you can determine if hiring a car collision attorney is right for your case. However, it never hurts to inquire and gain initial insight into your situation.
Also, it is worth noting that there is generally a statute of limitations—or legal time limit—on your ability to file a claim. It helps to connect with a personal injury law firm sooner rather than later so you do not miss this critical deadline. If you do miss it, you will forfeit your right to compensation for the losses you experienced after your car crash.
Cost of a Collision Lawyer
You do not have to choose between settling for a subpar offer and fighting your case with an attorney. Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. can take your car crash claim on a contingency fee agreement that does not cost you anything upfront. This arrangement allows you to maintain your finances while receiving adequate legal care.
Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. Can Help
Once you ask yourself, “do I need a lawyer after a car accident?”, the next step is to choose the right one to represent you. If you need a car collision lawyer, you can contact the legal team at Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P.
We take personal injury matters on contingency and do not charge you anything upfront. Call us for your no-cost, no-obligation claim review at (631) 451-7900. You can reach out to our law firm 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Our legal team at Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. proudly assists clients in Spanish.