People get injured all the time in a variety of locations. Still, when you are considering what qualifies for a “personal injury case,” you must consider whether a few other factors apply to your case. For example, in your case:
- Was your injury preventable?
- Could someone else have warned you about a hazard or taken steps to remedy it, and was it their responsibility to do so?
- Did the incident cause you serious injuries and damages?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, you might be eligible to file a personal injury claim or lawsuit with the party responsible for your injuries. You can work with a personal injury lawyer serving Lynbrook to help you fight for compensation, and they can guide you throughout the litigation process, no matter which route you decide to take.
Still not sure if you qualify for a personal injury case? We understand that “personal injury” might be a vague term to interpret if you are unfamiliar with personal injury law. Call our firm at (516) 451-7900 to speak with a representative at Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. in a free case evaluation. We can tell you what qualifies as a serious injury, as defined in the New York Insurance Law (ISC) §5102.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Lynbrook, call 631-203-1691
Personal Injury Cases Cover a Variety of Scenarios
The possibilities of how a person might get injured are endless and sometimes shocking. You might be surprised how in-depth personal injury law can get to address all sorts of injury scenarios.
Our team at Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. covers a variety of practice areas, such as:
Premises Liability Cases
Premises liability cases focus on injuries that occur on public or private property. If you were an invitee at a property—whether as a customer, patron, or guest in general—and you sustained an injury due to the property owner’s or manager’s negligence, you might qualify to sue for compensation.
Premises liability cases may involve:
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Drowning, such as in pools
- Construction site injuries
- Falling objects
- Battery and assault
Motor Vehicle Collision Cases
Getting injured in a motor vehicle collision is a common scenario for personal injury cases. These cases can get varied as multiple parties might be involved, whether literally in the crash or vicariously if one of the drivers was working at the time. Also, not all parties have to be in a passenger vehicle.
Motor vehicle collision cases may involve:
- Collisions with only passenger vehicles
- Motorcycle and moped collisions
- Truck collisions
- Collisions involving pedestrians
- Bicyclist collisions
- Rideshare vehicle or taxicab collisions
- Construction vehicle collisions
Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Cases
If you suspect your older loved one is a victim of nursing home abuse and neglect, you need to take swift action so that they can get to safety as soon as possible if so. You can work with a personal injury lawyer to help you investigate and halt any abuse or neglect that might be taking place in your loved one’s home or facility.
Nursing home abuse and neglect cases may involve:
- Physical abuse, such as hitting or burning the resident
- Emotional abuse, such as yelling at or ignoring the resident when they need assistance
- Sexual abuse, such as forcing the resident to look at or perform sexual acts
- Financial abuse, such as stealing or manipulating money from the resident
- Neglect, which can also show a systemic failure in the facility
Dog Bite Cases
If you were injured because a dog attacked you unprovoked, you might be able to sue the dog owner if their identity is known. If the dog was a stray, you might have to pursue other legal options to get compensation.
Was your case not listed in any of these categories? There are several more types of personal injury cases that might apply to you. Call Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. today at (516) 451-7900 and tell us about how you got injured. One of our team members can determine if you are eligible to receive compensation and then assign you a personal injury lawyer serving Lynbrook to help you with your claim or lawsuit.
Lynbrook Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 631-203-1691
A Lawyer Can Help You Fight for the Compensation You Need
Part of the benefit of working with a personal injury lawyer is that they may help you pursue a variety of damages related to your situation that you might not have considered. For example, if you bring a lawsuit, you might be able to collect compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Medical treatment costs
- Pain and suffering
- Mileage for traveling to and from doctor’s appointments
If you intend to bring a lawsuit against the party you believe is responsible for your injuries, you must file your case within the statute of limitations in New York. According to the New York Civil Practice Law & Rules (CVP) §214, you generally have three years to file a personal injury lawsuit. There are many scenarios where the time period may be significantly shorter than three years. Your lawyer can keep you informed about these deadlines and help you file timely.
Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer Serving Lynbrook to Work on Your Case
If you decide to work with a personal injury lawyer from Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P., our legal team may offer to perform several legal services to prepare your case for negotiations or trial. A lawyer can provide more than just legal representation. For you to have a case to present, they may help you:
- Determine who might be liable for your damages
- Send a letter of intent to sue to the liable party or parties
- Fill out other paperwork for your case, such as your lawsuit submission to the court
- Retrieve and organize evidence that you already have and determine what additional evidence you might need to support your case
- Get testimonies from witnesses to the incident and experts, such as an incident reconstruction analyst
- Calculate your damages, both from the past and for the future
- Communicate with all involved parties on your behalf, including the other party’s insurer and legal team
- Serve as your representative during negotiation discussions and offer legal advice on settlement offers
- Serve as your representative in a trial, if necessary
The team at Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. wants you to feel confident about your case, so if you have any additional questions about the legal process for personal injury cases, do not hesitate to give us a call. You can discuss your personal circumstances with one of our team members by calling (516) 451-7900. We offer free case evaluations to help prospective clients better understand what they need to do to pursue compensation.
Prefer to speak in Spanish? Not a problem. At Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P., we offer bilingual services for clients who need them.