2018 ROSENBERG & GLUCK SCHOLARSHIP CONTEST
Rosenberg & Gluck is proud to announce the 2018 Rosenberg & Gluck Scholarship. The purpose of offering this scholarship is not only to help a student offset the cost of further education (college or trade school) but to also raise awareness on the issue of impaired driving.
At the law firm of Rosenberg & Gluck, LLP our Long Island personal injury lawyers see first-hand the devastation of motor vehicle collisions. Some of these accidents could have been avoided if responsible choices had been made before driving. We want to hear from our local youth ways to prevent someone from getting behind the wheel when impaired so this year’s topic is: THE EFFECTS OF DRUNK/IMPAIRED DRIVING.
To enter the 2018 Rosenberg & Gluck Essay Scholarship contest, please submit ORIGINAL content, in your own creative way on ONE of the following topics:
- “Drunk/ Impaired Driving and Me” – Tell your personal story about either yourself or a close family member or friend that was affected by drunk or otherwise impaired driving;
- “Drunk/ Impaired Driver Awareness Campaign” – Share a personal story about an awareness campaign you have personally organized or administrated; or
- “Why You Shouldn’t Drive Impaired” – Write an article appealing to young drivers that conveys the message that impaired driving is dangerous.
Open to high school seniors (class of 2018) attending any public or private Long Island high school (finalists will be required to provide proof of enrollment with a student I.D. or transcript) with plans to attend either college or trade school
First PRIZE: $1500 Second Prize: $ 750 Third Prize: $ 500
HOW TO ENTER
Entries must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before May 1, 2018.
Entries must include: Your attached essay, your full name and contact information (mailing address & phone number), the name of your school and your principal/counselor (including email and phone). We would also like to know more about you and your plans for your further studies.
SELECTION OF WINNER
All submissions will be judged by a panel from Rosenberg & Gluck. You will be judged on your content and the following criteria:
- Has the applicant effectively conveyed the theme of the contest?
- How creative was the message delivered?
- Does the project motivate teens to stop drinking and driving/ other impaired driving?
On May 21, 2018, the winners, as selected by the judges, will be notified via the contact information submitted on his or her application. The winners will be announced to the public. There will be check presentations at a later scheduled date. All applicants consent to the publication of their submissions and use of their photographs by Rosenberg & Gluck.