Holtsville Personal Injury Lawyer
If you are hurt in Holtsville, NY, because of someone else’s negligence, you might be able to recover compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses. A personal injury lawyer serving Holtsville can help.
At Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P., we are dedicated to personal injury cases. You should not have to battle a multi-billion-dollar insurance company by yourself. We have the experience and know-how that you may find invaluable. We provide guidance for our clients throughout the entire claims and litigation process.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Holtsville, call 516-451-7900
Recoverable Damages in Personal Injury Cases
We cannot say how much compensation you will get in your personal injury claim because every case is different. The amount you may recover will depend on the facts of your specific case. We have won significant awards for many of our personal injury clients.
Some common types of losses in personal injury cases include:
- Pain and suffering: This can reflect the extent of your pain and hardships.
- Medical expenses for the treatment of your injuries: These costs can include things like the ambulance, emergency room, hospital, surgery, doctors, imaging studies, lab work, physical therapy, and prescription drugs.
- Rehabilitation: Some cases of devastating injuries require an extended stay in a specialized treatment facility or even out-patient care.
- Long-term care: In some cases, a victim’s injuries leave them in need of ongoing daily assistance with medical treatment and personal tasks.
- Lost wages: You can seek compensation if you missed work without pay, or had to use accrued time. This category can include wages, salary, self-employment, and other income.
- Impaired ability to work: Severe injuries can cause a person to make less money afterward or be unable to maintain gainful employment.
- Wrongful death-related losses: We represent the legal beneficiaries when a personal injury takes the life of a close relative. Damages here can comprise funeral expenses, end-of-life treatment, and burial/cremation.
Depending on the facts of your case, you might be eligible for additional compensation.
Holtsville Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-451-7900
How Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. Will Go to Work for You
We understand that you may not want to deal with the details of a legal case when you’re healing from your injuries. We can take on all aspects of your case for you, including:
- Calculating the value of your case: We will work to include every dollar available in your case’s value, calculating your past, present, and future losses.
- Gathering compelling evidence of negligence: We will have to show that the other person was negligent. We can gather strong evidence from police records, eyewitness statements, surveillance or security camera footage, expert testimony, and more.
- Demonstrating liability: If liability in your case is a complicated matter, we will be sure to investigate and pursue compensation from the responsible party.
- Negotiating a settlement: We will deal with the communications involved in the negotiation process so that you don’t have to.
- Taking your case to trial if needed: If we can’t reach a fair settlement, we may be able to file a lawsuit and seek an award through trial.
- Ensuring your case complies with important deadlines. We will determine how the state’s statute of limitations could affect your case and keep your case on track. You have limited time to file suit, per CPLR §214 and EPT §5-4.1. Under some circumstances, the time to act may be even shorter than designated in these statutes.
You are never a number to us. We pride ourselves on delivering small firm service with big firm results.
Results for Our Past personal Injury Clients
We are proud of our success stories for previous injury victims. We will work hard to seek the best possible results for you. Here are some of our previous outcomes:
- $25.4 million for a woman who suffered catastrophic injuries in a motor vehicle collision
- $9.5 million for a wrongful death case in which we secured three times more than the original settlement amount offered during negotiations
- $2.5 million for serious injuries in a multi-car crash
- $1.5 million for a waitress who slipped and fell at work due to an ongoing hazard
We handle all levels of cases. Even if your case is not a million-dollar case, we will give it the attention it deserves. You can focus on getting better while we take care of your legal matters. We will work hard to get you all the compensation that you deserve.
The Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
We handle a wide variety of personal injury cases. It is not possible to include every type on this list, so if you do not see your situation below, just give us a call to find out if we can help you.
Motor Vehicle Crashes
If your injury involved a car, truck, bus, RV, or motorcycle and was the result of someone else’s negligence, you might have a claim for financial damages. We also handle uninsured motorist, hit-and-run, drunk driving, and no-fault insurance claims.
Other Types of Incidents
There is almost no limit to the ways in which careless actions can cause innocent people to get hurt. Talk to us if your injury involved a:
- Construction site
- Slip, trip, and fall
- Dog bite
We also handle cases in which people suffered harm or passed away from:
- Birth injuries
- Medical malpractice
- Hospital errors
- Pharmacy mistakes
- Dangerous or defective prescription drugs or medical devices
- Nursing home neglect or abuse
- Electrical shock
- Premises liability
- Defective products
We also handle wrongful death and some mass tort litigation, as well as many other types of personal injury cases.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How We Prove Negligence in Personal Injury Cases
Most personal injury claims are the result of someone’s carelessness. If someone else’s mistake, error, or failure to act caused you to suffer harm, you might have a negligence claim. We have to prove all four of these factors to hold the defendant liable:
- Duty of care. The defendant must have had a legal duty of care toward you. For example, the owner of a hotel has a duty to take reasonable measures to keep the premises safe for paying guests.
- Breach of duty. When the conduct fails to measure up to the standard of the legal obligation, it is negligence. Let’s say that the hotel had a pool with lights underwater for nighttime swimming. The hotel had a responsibility to make sure that the pool lights did not cause harm to swimmers. In this example, there was a short in the wiring of one of the lights, causing an electrical shock to anyone who made contact with the fixture. The hotel was negligent.
- The carelessness must be the thing that caused the harm. In this scenario, an older guest went swimming. He brushed against the underwater light and sustained a severe electrical shock, which stopped his heart, resulting in his death. The hotel’s negligence caused the injury and wrongful death.
- Measurable damages. You must have quantifiable harm to pursue a personal injury claim. Physical injury satisfies this requirement.
Sometimes, fault is not entirely clear. Call us so that a personal injury lawyer serving Holtsville can evaluate your incident to see if someone might be liable for your injuries.
Where You Can Find us in Holtsville and Other Locations on Long Island
For your convenience, we are located in:
1176 Portion Rd
Holtsville, NY, 11742
1225 Franklin Avenue
Garden City, NY, 11530
Small Firm Service with Big Firm Results
At Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P., we go the extra mile for our clients. You will receive personal, responsive legal services. We will work hard to get you every dollar of compensation that you deserve.
Our clients get to devote their attention to getting better because they know we are fighting to protect their legal rights. If the insurance adjuster contacts you, tell him to talk to your lawyer. Insurance companies are not allowed to bother you when a lawyer represents you.
We take pride in offering you excellent, attentive service as well as a relentless focus on seeking results.
Call Us Today for Your Free Case Review
You should not delay in calling us. Keep in mind that New York law generally limits the amount of time you have to file a lawsuit for your losses. If you miss that deadline, you may be unable to file a lawsuit and recover compensation for your losses.
Call us today for a free consultation. We can also offer assistance in Spanish.