If you are hurt in Holtsville, NY because of someone else’s negligence, you might be able to recover compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses. A personal injury lawyer in Holtsville can help.
At Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P., we are dedicated to personal injury cases. We have the experience and know-how that you need. We provide guidance for our clients throughout the entire claims and litigation process. You are never a number to us. We pride ourselves on delivering small firm service with big firm results.
You can focus on getting better while we take care of your legal matters. You should not have to battle a multi-billion-dollar insurance company by yourself. We will work hard to get you all the compensation that you deserve. Call us today at (631) 451-7900 to get started.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Holtsville, call 631-203-1691
The Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
We handle a wide variety of personal injury cases. It is not possible to include every type on this list, so if you do not see your situation below, just give us a call at (631) 451-7900 to find out if we can help you.
Motor Vehicle Crashes
If your injury involved a car, truck, bus, RV, or motorcycle and was the result of someone else’s negligence, you might have a claim for financial damages. We also handle uninsured motorist, hit and run, drunk driving, and no-fault insurance claims.
Other Types of Incidents
There is almost no limit to the ways in which careless actions can cause innocent people to get hurt. Talk to us if your injury involved a:
- Construction site
- Slip, trip, and fall
Causes of Injury or Fatality
We handle cases in which people suffered harm or died from:
- Birth injury
- Medical malpractice
- Hospital errors
- Pharmacy mistakes
- Dangerous or defective prescription drug or medical device
- Nursing home neglect or abuse
- Animal attacks or dog bites
- Electrical shock
- Premises liability
- Defective product
We also handle wrongful death and mass tort litigation, as well as many other types of personal injury cases.
Holtsville Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 631-203-1691
Recoverable Damages in Personal Injury Cases
We cannot say how much compensation you will get in your personal injury claim because every case is different. The amount you may recover will depend on the facts of your specific case. We have won significant awards for financial damages for many of our personal injury clients.
Some common types of losses in personal injury cases include:
- Pain and suffering.
- Medical expenses for the treatment of your injuries. These costs can include things like the ambulance, emergency room, hospital, surgery, doctors, imaging studies like x-rays and MRIs, lab work like blood tests, physical therapy, and prescription drugs.
- Rehabilitation center, in cases in which devastating injuries like traumatic brain injury required an extended stay in a specialized treatment facility.
- Long-term care, for people whose injuries leave them in need of ongoing daily assistance with medical treatment and personal tasks.
- Lost wages, when the injury and recuperation time mean that you missed time from work without pay. This category can include wages, salary, self-employment, and other income.
- Impaired ability to work. Severe injuries can cause a person to make less money afterward or be unable to maintain gainful employment.
- Wrongful death. We represent the legal beneficiaries when the personal injury takes the life of a close relative.
Depending on the facts of your case, you might be eligible for additional compensation.
Elements of Negligence in Personal Injury Cases
Most personal injury claims are the result of someone’s carelessness. If someone else’s mistake, error, or failure to act caused you to suffer harm, you might have a negligence claim. We have to prove all four of these factors to hold the defendant liable:
- Duty of care. The defendant must have had a legal duty of care toward you. For example, the owner of a hotel has a duty to take reasonable measures to keep the premises safe for paying guests.
- Breach of duty. When the conduct fails to measure up to the standard of the legal obligation, it is negligence. Let’s say that the hotel had a pool with lights underwater for nighttime swimming. The hotel had a responsibility to make sure that the pool lights did not cause harm to swimmers. There was a short in the wiring of one of the lights, causing an electrical shock to anyone who made contact with the fixture. The hotel was negligent.
- The carelessness must be the thing that caused the harm. In this scenario, an older guest went swimming. He brushed against the underwater light and sustained a severe electrical shock, which stopped his heart, resulting in his death. The hotel’s negligence of having unsafe wiring in an underwater light fixture caused the injury and wrongful death.
- Measurable damages. You must have quantifiable harm to pursue a personal injury claim. Physical injury satisfies this requirement.
Sometimes the fault is not entirely clear. Call us so that a personal injury lawyer in Holtsville can evaluate your incident to see if someone might be liable for your injuries.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How We Can Help with Your Personal Injury Case
At Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P., we go the extra mile for our clients. You will not feel like a number with us. You will receive personal, responsive legal services. We will work hard to get you every dollar of compensation that you deserve.
Our clients get to devote their attention to getting better because they know we are fighting to protect their legal rights. If the insurance adjuster contacts you, tell him to talk to your lawyer. Insurance companies are not allowed to bother you when a lawyer represents you.
You should not delay in calling us. New York law limits the amount of time you have to file a lawsuit for your losses. If you miss that deadline, you may be unable to file a lawsuit and recover compensation for your losses.
We investigate every personal injury case we take. A personal injury lawyer in Holtsville will gather the records and other evidence and deal directly with the insurance company so that you do not have to. If the insurer refuses to pay a fair amount for your injuries, we can file a lawsuit.
Call us today at (631) 451-7900 for a free consultation. We can also offer assistance in Spanish.