If you or someone you love was injured on property in Bohemia that was not well-maintained or safe, the state of New York calls this premises liability. A premises liability lawyer can help you prove the property owner’s negligence and your right to recover damages. At Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P., our premises liability lawyers serving Bohemia are ready to help you navigate the legal avenues that can lead to financial compensation.
With a premises liability case, you can recover damages for the cost of treating your injuries as well as other associated costs — for example, an inability to work due to your injuries or the mental and emotional toll of your accident. Our team can help you prove the cause of your injuries, identify the negligent property owner, and determine the value of your case.
Table of Contents
- Common Causes of Premises Liability Accidents in Bohemia
- Determining Liability for Your Injuries and Recoverable Damages
- IYou Can Hold a Negligent Property Owner Financially Liable
- Injury Victims Generally Have Three Years to File a Lawsuit – But May Have Less Time
- Get a Free Premises Liability Case Review
For a free legal consultation with a lawyer serving Bohemia, call 516-451-7900
Common Causes of Premises Liability Accidents in Bohemia
Most property liability cases stem from accidental falls. However, slip and falls are not the only type of accidents that can lead to compensation. For instance, you should explore your legal options if you were injured by a physical assault due to negligent or inadequate security or if you were injured when something fell on you.
In slip and fall cases, common causes include:
- Slick or slippery floors
- Slick or slippery ground
- Uncleared debris
- Uneven surfaces or sidewalks
- Uneven or unsafe steps
- Loose rugs or carpet
- Trailing cables or cords
- Dog bite or attack
- Building collapse
Many other fall hazards can be the cause of your injuries. Our team will conduct an independent investigation to uncover the cause of your accident and document its resulting costs.
Determining Liability for Your Injuries and Recoverable Damages
In New York, property owners are required to maintain their property and ensure your safety. We can establish their negligence and liability by proving:
- The property owner owed you a duty of care and did not provide it
- You were injured on the owner’s property and suffered financial consequences
The owner is negligent when they knew — or should have known — there was a potential danger on their property and took no action to repair it. The evidence we collect to prove the cause of your accident may include accident and incident reports, witness statements, and photos. The property we collect to prove the accident’s costs may include medical records, bills, future prognosis, and employment and salary history.
IYou Can Hold a Negligent Property Owner Financially Liable
Every injury case in Bohemia is unique and will have its own set of recoverable damages. When we represent you, we carefully calculate the specific damages in your case, which may include:
- Medical bills until you reach maximum medical improvement
- Income loss for the time your injuries prevent you from working
- Ongoing physical and emotional pain and suffering and trauma
- Miscellaneous costs like treatment-related travel expenses
You may have additional damages that do not appear on this list. The premises liability lawyers at Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. will work to make sure your case is not undervalued or underpaid. While we build your case, you can work on rebuilding your health.
Injury Victims Generally Have Three Years to File a Lawsuit – But May Have Less Time
Every civil case has a statute of limitations — a time limit for filing a lawsuit. Filing your premises liability lawsuit is generally limited to three years from the date of the accident, according to CPLR § 214(5). If the statute of limitations is not met:
- You could be barred from filing your lawsuit at all
- Your lawsuit will be dismissed without being heard
- You will have no legal recourse to pursue recovery
The statute of limitations can be hard to interpret on your own due to certain exceptions that might shorten the timeline, such as being injured on government property or pursuing compensation from a municipality.
When we represent you, we make sure you understand the relevant filing deadline and its importance. We also ensure compliance and remove the risks of an expired statute of limitations.
Bohemia Bohemia Premises Liability Attorneys Lawyer Near Me 516-451-7900
Why You Should Hire a Bohemia Premises Liability Lawyer?
To prepare your case, our premises liability lawyers serving Bohemia can:
- Take or obtain supportive photos and videos
- Investigate the property where you were injured
- Obtain copies of your accident or incident report
- Consult accident reconstruction experts as needed
- Explain the merits of your case and its potential timeline
- Represent you on a contingency fee basis with no upfront costs
- Combat any defense the negligent property owner may assert
We also handle all case-related communication and update you regularly throughout your case. Our team will work hard to negotiate a favorable settlement on your behalf. However, if one cannot be reached, we will not hesitate to represent you at trial.
Recent Premises Liability Settlements and Verdicts
If you were seriously injured on poorly maintained or poorly lit property, we can help you recover any related damages. We can also help surviving family members of fatally injured accident victims.
Our history of recovery includes:
- $900,000 recovery for a slip and fall accident at an icy Long Island railroad site
- $1,500,000 verdict for a waitress who fell on a wet floor at work
- $1,200,000 award for a slip and fall accident caused by a missing handrail
- $750,000 recovery for a fall caused by a step that failed to comply with the current code
- $750,000 recovery for a fall on a broken step
- $650,000 recovery for a fall caused by a broken stairway
- $300,000 recovery for a fall caused by an unattended ladder in a retail setting
Our team is passionate about pursuing financial compensation for our injured clients. Learn more about our history of client victories on our case results page.
Get a Free Premises Liability Case Review
After an accident on a dangerous property in Bohemia, our premises liability lawyers can help you recover damages from the negligent owner. Do not delay — when you are ready to take action, find out how we can help by calling the Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. injury team at (631) 451-7900. We help both English and Spanish-speaking clients get the financial compensation they need and deserve.
Rosenberg & Gluck, LLP
1176 Portion Road
Holtsville, NY 11742
This firm was able to obtain the maximum amount possible for me…
– Craig S., Car Accident Client