The attorneys at Rosenberg & Gluck answer questions clients frequently ask about motor vehicle accidents and wrongful death claims in New York.

Attorneys Serving Injured Clients on Long Island Since 1983

How do I know if I can get my medical bills paid if I am in an accident?

How your medical bills will get paid is usually one of the prime concerns of accident victims. Unfortunately there is no easy “one size fits all” answer. Since every situation differs the best thing to do is contact our office and we will advise you on the best way to proceed with your claim.

What if the insurance company representative for the other driver wants me to give a recorded statement about the accident?

If you intend to hire an attorney to represent you after an accident, you should never give a recorded statement without your attorney present. You may inadvertently say something that could damage your case. Tell the insurance adjuster you will have your attorney contact him to arrange for a statement.

I was injured in a multiple vehicle accident. How do I figure out who bears responsibility for the accident and my injuries?

Accidents involving several vehicles are complicated because they generally involve multiple claims with multiple insurance companies. To protect your interests and ensure you receive fair compensation for the harm you suffered, it is essential to have an experienced injury attorney protect your interests. Call Rosenberg & Gluck to learn how our attorneys can help.

What if the driver of the motor vehicle that caused my accident does not have auto insurance that meets New York State liability requirements?

At the law firm of Rosenberg & Gluck, our lawyers investigate every possible option to recover damages on your behalf. When a negligent driver does not have any auto insurance, or has coverage that is inadequate to compensate you for your injuries, your Uninsured Motorist or Supplemental Uninsured Motorist coverage may be a source of recovery. Depending on the circumstances of the accident, a No Fault or Workers’ Compensation claim may also be options.

Can your law firm help me recover damages, if a hit and run driver caused my accident?

Yes, our firm offers a free consultation to discuss the circumstances surrounding your car accident. You should never assume there is no way to recover damages when you are injured in a New York accident. Consulting an experienced personal injury attorney is an important step to learn if there is a source of recovery.

How much can I recover for my injuries?

Determining the worth of a case depends on a number of factors, the degree that the other party was at fault, the nature and severity of your injuries and the amount of of the available insurance coverage. Estimating a range may be possible after evaluating these and other factors. We also consider the extent of pain and suffering, the amount of lost wages and whether rehabilitation and long-term care are necessary.

How long do I have to file a claim for a personal injury accident?

New York Statutes of Limitations set a specific time frame for filing personal injury claims. Generally, the time limit for personal injury/negligence cases is 3 years. However, there are exceptions. A wrongful death case must be filed within 2 years of death. If your accident involved a municipality or other government entity, you have only 90 days to file a notice of claim and your case must be filed within one year and 90 days from the date the accident occurred.

When you are seriously injured in a car or other motor vehicle accident, it is important to consult a lawyer as early as possible. Retaining legal counsel early in your case will ensure that your rights are preserved, that there is adequate time for thorough case preparation and a increases your chance of a successful outcome. For a no-fault insurance claim, you must file with your insurance carrier within 30 days of the date of your car accident. There are also other deadlines with no-fault insurance filing that your attorney can explain and handle for you.

I was just in a car accident how will my medical bills and lost wages get paid?

In NY it does not matter who is at fault for the accident the insurance on the vehicle you were in pays your medical expenses and lost wages. These payments are commonly referred to as “no-fault” benefits. You only have 30 days to file an application for these benefits. Many people think that by filling out a form in a hospital or doctor’s office they have filed for no fault but in fact you must file an application directly with the insurance company. At Rosenberg & Gluck we always file a no fault application for anyone hurt in an accident free of charge. Feel free to contact us for any questions you may have about no fault payments.