If you were injured in a truck collision, our truck accident lawyer serving East Hampton can help you fight for the compensation you deserve. Contact our team at Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. today to begin your free consultation. Call (631) 451-7900 now to get started.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving East Hampton, call 516-451-7900
Compensation for Your Damages
When you are involved in a traffic accident, the injuries you suffer can be extremely costly. If you suffered damages from a truck collision, you could seek compensation for:
- Medical expenses: This includes emergency room visits, doctor’s appointments, and any follow-up care or treatment you may need for your injuries.
- Time missed from work: You could recover compensation for the time you missed due to the accident itself, doctor appointments for your injuries, and the time you need to recover from your injuries.
- A decrease in salary: Some injuries may require you to decrease your hours at work, take a different position, or stop working altogether. You could be compensated for the reduction in your salary or income if you had to change jobs or careers because of your injuries.
- Pain and suffering: Pain and suffering is the emotional or physical stress you suffer as a result of your collision.
- Future medical expenses: If your injuries require future medical care, you could receive compensation in advance for your treatment. This could include future surgeries you may need, physical therapy, or rehabilitation.
East Hampton Truck Accidents Lawyer Near Me 516-451-7900
How a Lawyer Can Help You After a Truck Accident
You do not have to seek financial recovery on your own after a collision. Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. can assist you throughout your case, leaving you the much-needed time to heal. We can:
- Investigate and gather evidence: Our team will investigate the accident scene, speak with eyewitnesses, and collect any relevant documents, like police and medical reports. We will identify all liable parties involved. Our investigation may even include working with medical and accident reconstruction experts as needed.
- Calculate all losses: We will compile all bills and expenses as they relate to your financial losses and determine a fair value for your non-economic losses, such as pain and suffering.
- Handle all deadlines and paperwork: We will make sure your documents are filed on time.
- Represent you to all other parties: We will negotiate with insurance companies, keep you posted on your case, and advise you of your options. We can inform you on what to do next and explain any complicated legal jargon.
- Represent you at trial: If necessary, we can represent you in your lawsuit if we are unable to obtain a fair settlement offer from the insurer.
Determining Fault and Gathering Evidence After the Accident
If our team investigates and determines that you were partially at fault for what happened, we can still help you fight for compensation. In order to determine fault after your truck collision, our team will gather evidence that could include:
- Photographs of vehicle damage
- Photographs of injuries
- Video surveillance
- Dashcam footage
- Medical documentation
- Eyewitness statements
If you are able to, gather any evidence possible after your collision. Take as many photographs as you can and keep any documents you get regarding the incident. You never know what could be the difference in your claim.
However, do not stress if you do not have physical evidence just yet. Our team at Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. can work with you to help you get what you need. Call (631) 451-7900 to discuss your case today for free.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Filing Deadlines Can Affect Your Case
According to NY CVP § 214, you can generally file a lawsuit up to three years after the collision. However, some situations could shorten the deadline. For example, if your case involves suing the city, state, or county, the statute of limitations is much shorter.
The statute of limitations listed above also does not apply to wrongful death lawsuits. If a loved one was killed in a truck collision, you generally have two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit, according to NY EPT § 5-4.1.
The longer you wait to file, the less time you will have to build a strong case. In order to get the most out of our services, consider contacting our firm as soon as you can. We do not want you to miss out on financial recovery due to the statute of limitations running out.
Call Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. Today
A truck collision can cause a significant disruption in your life. If you were injured because of another party’s careless or reckless actions, you could be entitled to compensation for your damages. A truck accident lawyer serving East Hampton on our team can work with you to determine your available options. We want you to be able to fight for compensation and hold the responsible parties liable after your collision.
Our team at Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. can represent you and protect your rights throughout the process. Our services are available for both English and Spanish speakers, and you will owe us nothing unless we are able to get you compensation. Call our firm today at (631) 451-7900 to begin your free consultation.