In addition to sustaining injuries following a motorcycle collision caused by negligence in Hempstead, New York, the financial well-being of you and your family may be at stake if you are forced to take prolonged time away from work to recover properly.
The team at Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. has experience with motorcycle accident claims.
- We can take on the insurance company and the negligent party using skills developed through years of experience.
- We fight bias against motorcyclists in accident claims, working to promote your best interests and helping to ensure your rights are protected.
- We work on a contingency fee basis if you hire us, so you only pay a fee if we are successful.
If you are injured in a motorcycle accident due to the reckless actions of another driver, you can receive a free case evaluation by calling Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. at (516) 451-7900.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Hempstead, call 631-203-1691
A Motorcycle Crash in North Hempstead May Not Only Lead to Physical Injuries
Being involved in a motorcycle crash may leave you with more than injuries; it can affect your job, family life, emotional well-being, financial security, and your future. You may have made every effort to be a responsible rider, and then your life may be changed by an inattentive motorist or dangerous road conditions through no fault of your own.
You may face significant injuries and worry about the financial pressures from unexpected medical bills and being unable to work while you recover. To add to the burden, you may experience requests from insurance companies who may seek to reduce the value of your claim because it is in their interest to pay out as little as possible.
It may be challenging to know your best options legally so that you can receive the right amount of compensation that reflects:
- The full extent of your injuries and other losses incurred through your accident
- The fairness of a settlement offer
- Your rights are protected in all proceedings and negotiations
- Any liability for the accident apportioned to you is fair and accurate
Working with a motorcycle accident lawyer in Hempstead, New York may relieve these pressures so you can focus on your recovery, knowing your case is in capable hands.
Hempstead Motorcycle Accidents Lawyer Near Me 631-203-1691
Possible Motorcycle Accident Causes and the Legal Challenges They May Present in North Hempstead
Statistics in a 2018 report from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) show that motorcyclists remain disproportionately at risk of severe injury and death on the highways, being 28 times more likely than other motorists to be fatally injured in a collision. Some of the most common causes of such incidents include:
- Other motorists lacking awareness due to being distracted while driving
- Being knocked from their motorbike when other road users fail to see them
- Diesel spillages resulting in a skid
- Other road users failing to yield the right of way to motorcyclists
- Being tailed too closely
- Loose chippings
- Other hazardous conditions such as potholes from poorly maintained roads
New York Comparative Negligence Law
In some instances, responsibility is partially assigned to each party under New York’s comparative negligence law. If you are found to have contributed in some way to the accident, the compensation you receive may be reduced by your percentage of fault.
A motorcycle accident lawyer in Hempstead may be able to help ensure you don’t lose out financially. Do not let the insurance companies unfairly blame you for the mistakes of another person.
A Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in North Hempstead May Work to Strengthen Your Case
Even with protective clothing and responsible riding, motorcyclists may be more vulnerable to serious injuries following a collision with other vehicle users or dangerous hazards that should not be on the roads. Injuries may vary depending on the circumstances and can range from minor to life-changing physical and emotional damage. Some examples may include:
- Skull fractures
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal injuries including paralysis
- Broken bones
- Internal bleeding
- Road rash
- Cuts and lacerations
- Wrongful death
The motorcycle accident lawyers servicing Hempstead at Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. understand the frustrations you may be going through. We can help represent your best interests and ensure the amount of compensation you receive reflects the real impact the accident has had on your life by:
- Investigating your accident
- Helping you prove liability
- Negotiating with insurance representatives and other involved parties to get the full compensation you may be entitled to
- Working with medical professionals who can provide expert testimony
- Going to trial and fighting for your case at trial if required
- Keeping you informed and up-to-date on proceedings while you recover
It is important to note that you generally only have a certain amount of time to file for compensation under New York Civil Practice Law and Rules §214, after which you may not be able to proceed with a claim. The time to pursue a case can be significantly shortened in certain situations, such as when dealing with a municipality or for wrongful death. Reach out and discuss your case with us at (516) 451-7900.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Seek Compensation with a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in North Hempstead
The team at Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. has the experience, knowledge, and resources to potentially help you get through the injury settlement process if you hire us. We may also be able to take your case to trial and help you recover compensation from the following, depending on your circumstances:
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Emotional trauma
- Wrongful death of a loved one
We understand you may have concerns about the cost of hiring legal representation during this challenging time and offer no-win, no-fee support. You would not have to pay out of pocket unless you win the compensation you may be entitled to in your case. Speak to us at (516) 451-7900 for a free initial consultation. We can assist clients in Spanish if needed.