Hiring a lawyer after a car accident is optional, but whether you need one is only something you can answer after doing a bit of research about your situation. Asking an attorney to review the injuries and losses you suffered in a collision can help you decide if pursuing legal representation is the direction you need to take.
For a free legal consultation, call 631-239-3965
Are There Times When You Don’t Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
If you want to take a practical approach toward obtaining a settlement or trial award, you could consider hiring an attorney with our firm after a car crash. However, there are other times where you may not need one.
Some scenarios in which you may not feel you need a lawyer are:
- When property damage after a car accident is minor
- You were not injured in the collision and no medical care is required
However, the most direct way to determine if you need an attorney is by running your case by our law firm. You can then decide if pursuing a claim or lawsuit is worth your time.
A Lawyer on our Team Can Help You Figure out Your Damages
A car collision lawyer can adequately assess your past and future medical costs, as well as account for lost work wages. He or she also may have the necessary resources to secure expert opinions and investigate your claim thoroughly.
Depending on the severity of your injuries, recovery time, and other losses, you may be able to recover compensation for pain and suffering, as well.
When You May Want to get a Car Accident Lawyer’s Help
Some cases may not necessarily require a lawyer’s advice and guidance, but most victims of car collisions could benefit from a lawyer’s counsel. The more complex the case is, the more you may find that you benefit from a lawyer’s assistance.
A Free Consultation with a Law Firm Can Help You Explore Your Options
Keep in mind that our firm will offer a free consultation, which means you can discuss your case with our legal team before making a decision. Depending on the nature of the collision and your needs as a client, a car collision lawyer with our firm can:
- Offer legal information and advice. If you have never been injured in a car collision before, you likely have many questions and require accurate information and advice regarding your case. Hiring an attorney on our team can help you feel more confident in the decision-making process, as well as in knowing that a professional is trying to protect your rights.
- Handle communications. A car crash victim must not discuss the claim with anyone other than his or her attorney. From the moment you hire our firm, our team becomes your advocate and “voice” throughout the entire claims process. Instead of fighting with insurance adjusters and lawyers, you can concentrate on getting better.
- Investigate the crash. Thoroughly investigating the cause of your crash and working to collect any necessary documentation is vital for demanding an adequate settlement or trial award. Your lawyer will present this evidence to the insurance company and may obtain an expert opinion as needed.
- Evaluate your claim. Not only can your attorney request compensation for your medical costs, but he or she will also evaluate your claim for pain and suffering, as well as future medical needs. Once you accept an insurance settlement offer, you no longer hold a right to money later on if you discover that your injuries are much worse than previously thought.
- Therefore, it is important to speak to a lawyer before you sign anything with the responsible party’s insurance company. Your lawyer will look into all possibilities when obtaining a settlement to help ensure your compensation is fair.
- Fight for you at trial. Under the guidance of your lawyer, you can determine if going to trial is the most advantageous strategy to deploy when insurance companies supply inadequate offers. Your lawyer may not recommend that you take your case to trial if he or she does not believe that the benefits will outweigh the costs.
We Can Also Explain How Long You Have to Take Legal Action
As you can see, there are as many variables to consider as there are benefits of hiring a personal injury lawyer. Only you can determine if hiring a car collision attorney is right for your case. However, it never hurts to inquire and gain initial insight into your situation.
Also, it is worth noting that there is a statute of limitations—or legal time limit—on your ability to file a lawsuit. It helps to connect with our personal injury law firm sooner rather than later so you do not miss this critical deadline. If you do miss it, you will forfeit your right to compensation for the losses you experienced after your car crash.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Cost of a Collision Lawyer
You do not have to choose between settling for a subpar offer and fighting your case with an attorney. Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. can take your car crash claim on a contingency fee agreement that does not cost you anything upfront. This arrangement allows you to maintain your finances while receiving our legal care.
Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. Can Help You
The legal team at Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. takes personal injury matters on contingency and does not charge you anything upfront. Call us for your no-cost, no-obligation claim review. You can reach out to our law firm 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Our legal team at Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. proudly assists clients in Spanish.