Suffering a personal injury due to the negligent actions of another is usually very sudden and, in most cases, not without life-altering consequences. If you have been injured because of someone else’s negligent actions, you may be suffering and overwhelmed, unsure of where to turn for answers.
The personal injury lawyers at Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. are dedicated to assisting clients who have suffered financial, physical, or emotional loss because of someone else’s negligence. A personal injury lawyer in Ronkonkoma, NY is here to answer your important questions with a free consultation by calling (631) 451-7900.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Ronkonkoma, call 631-203-1691
Common Types of Incidents That Result in Personal Injury
There are a wide variety of incidents that happen every day which cause personal injuries. Some of the most common are:
- Slip or trip and fall
- Vehicle collision
- Boating collision
- Hit and runs
- Pedestrian versus vehicle collision
- Animal attacks/dog bites
- Pharmacy errors
- Nursing home abuse
- Premises liability
- Swimming pool incidents
- Product liability
- Construction accidents
Those incidents listed above can happen anytime and anyplace. In most cases, the consequences, such as a slip and fall, are devastating to the victim’s health and finances. Do not pay for someone else’s negligence. You may be able to receive compensation for your injuries.
Our firm handles a wide range of personal injury cases. No case is too large or small. Call (631) 451-7900 for a free, no-risk evaluation of your personal injury claim.
Ronkonkoma Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 631-203-1691
Common Injuries Suffered
The most common, serious injuries sustained are:
Traumatic Brain Injury
This injury is a very serious medical condition when the brain takes a severe impact from a fall or collision. The side effects can be wide-ranging from headaches, memory loss, or having to undergo serious therapy to relearn basic daily activities like talking and walking.
Broken Hips, Ribs, and Bones
Simple or compound fractures in the limbs, ribs, or pelvis are very painful and can be debilitating. In addition, these injuries take a long time to heal, and bedrest could be necessary.
Whiplash occurs when the head rapidly moves backward and then forward again, like a whip. This sudden, jolting movement causes trauma to the soft tissue in the neck.
Sprains and Strains
Soft tissue is easily damaged due to a fall, collision, or any other incident. Muscles can be strained or torn, and joints in the arms and legs can be stressed and sprained. These injuries are very painful and take a long time to heal.
There are numerous ways you could be injured from an incident. When it happens to you, always seek the attention of a medical professional immediately. Some symptoms of injuries do not present themselves immediately and could become very serious after the fact.
When you are able, call a personal injury lawyer in Ronkonkoma, NY from Rosenberg & Gluck L.L.P. for a free case evaluation by dialing (631) 451-7900. A team member is standing by to give you 24/7 assistance.
The Effects of New York State Law on Personal Injury Claims
If you wish to file a claim to recover damages, it is important to note that the state of New York’s statute of limitations under NY Code Sec. 214 generally imposes a three-year timeline from the day the incident happened. This general deadline can even be shortened further if the at-fault party is a municipality.
For personal injury claims against a municipality or other government entity, you generally have only 90 days to file a claim.
It is also important to know that while New York requires no-fault insurance, no-fault policies only recover basic expenses, such as lost wages to a certain point, medical bills, and mileage for doctor visits—according to the New York Department of Financial Services. Our team can assist you with a no-fault filing and also pursue damages like pain and suffering.
When you have been injured due to the negligent or intentional act of another person, call Rosenberg & Gluck L.L.P. at (631) 451-7900 to understand the process of pursuing a case against the liable party.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Common Recoverable Damages From a Personal Injury Claim
Our clients have been awarded millions of dollars in successful personal injury cases. The damages you may be entitled to are:
- Medical expenses: any money lost because of hospital stays, doctor appointments, ambulance transportation, tests and treatment, and medications.
- Out-of-pocket expenses: any money spent out-of-pocket for expenses related to your injuries such as travel to medical appointments and over the counter medical needs.
- Lost wages: income not earned because you were unable to attend work. If you are unable to return to work for a while, you may also be able to recover future lost wages.
- Lost opportunity: if you are unable to return to work for some time, you may miss opportunities for advancement or benefits.
- Pain and suffering: this non-economic damage is meant to compensate the victim for physical pain and emotional suffering that often accompanies a catastrophic event and the enduring injuries.
- Mental anguish: this noneconomic damage is for trauma, fear, and anxiety that a victim may experience following a catastrophic event.
- Professional counseling: if you have suffered PTSD as a result of your catastrophic event, you may need to seek professional counseling from a licensed therapist or psychiatrist.
How a Personal Injury Lawyer in Ronkonkoma, NY Can Help
At Rosenberg & Gluck L.L.P., we can assist you with your claim with:
- 24/7 client support and advice
- Filing your claim correctly
- Investigating the incident and reviewing police reports
- Gathering eyewitness statements and other necessary evidence to support your claim
- Determining the liability of all potential parties involved
- Working with other professionals to understand the extent of future care needs
- Contacting the necessary insurance companies and negotiating a fair settlement
- Taking the case to trial if an appropriate settlement cannot be agreed upon outside the courtroom
When you have been injured in an incident, you do not have to deal with it alone. Your personal injury lawyer at Rosenberg & Gluck L.L.P. is your advocate to lean on during hard times.
We can handle the legal legwork while you focus on recovering from your injuries and taking care of your family. We can even assist clients who speak Spanish or Russian. Call (631) 451-7900 to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation regarding your claim to compensation.