Whether you suffered harm in a fall, collision, or another incident, our lawyers are ready to help. Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. has served Long Island since 1996. In that time, we’ve recovered millions for injured claimants and their families.
A personal injury lawyer serving Ronkonkoma can investigate your case, prove negligence, and pursue the damages you need. We’ve recovered compensation for medical bills, lost income, and other injury-related expenses. Now, we’re ready to work for you. Your case review is free and offered at no obligation.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Ronkonkoma, call 516-451-7900
Our Lawyers Manage These Personal Injury Cases in Suffolk County, New York
We help claimants recover compensation after suffering:
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Motor vehicle crashes, including trucks, cars, motorcycles, buses, and bicycles
- Construction accidents
- Boating collisions
- Hit-and-run collisions
- Dog Bites
- Medical malpractice, including pharmaceutical errors
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Premises liability incidents
- Swimming pool incidents
- Product liability cases
- On-the-job incidents
- Wrongful death
Those incidents listed above can happen any time, any place. In most of these cases, to recover compensation, we must prove negligence. This involves showing that because another party acted carelessly or recklessly, you suffered harm.
Ronkonkoma Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-451-7900
We Encourage You to Take Prompt Legal Action After Getting Hurt
New York, like all states, has civil statutes of limitations. These deadlines mandate how long you have to file a lawsuit after getting hurt, losing a loved one, or discovering an injury. Depending on your situation, one or more of the following deadlines may apply:
- You generally have three years from the date you suffered injuries to file your civil lawsuit, per CPLR § 214.
- If you lost a loved one, you generally have two years from their passing to file, per EPTL § 5-4-1.
- If you suffered medical malpractice, you typically have two years and six months to file your lawsuit, per CPLR § 214-A. Some medical malpractice situations, such as failure to diagnose or misdiagnosis of cancer, can extend this time.
Some exceptions may shorten your filing deadline. For instance, if you’re filing a lawsuit against the government, you usually have 90 days to file your Notice of Claim, per GMU § 50-E. Our lawyers can review your situation and explain your applicable filing deadlines.
We’re Ready to Pursue These Injury-Related Losses on Your Behalf
Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. has recovered millions for injured claimants. In one case we handled, we secured $25.4 million for a drunk driving collision claimant where the County bore responsibility as well due to a problematic intersection. In another, we recovered $2.5 million for the parents of a 16-year-old hurt in a crash.
Examples of compensable losses may include:
Your Past and Future Injury-Related Healthcare Expenses
We’re able to pursue compensation for:
- Doctors’ appointments
- Physical therapy
We will calculate your medical bills based on your future healthcare needs, information from your doctors, and healthcare statements.
A serious injury may cause you to miss time from work. We can recover more than your lost income. Depending on your job, you may recover lost:
- Insurance benefits
- Hourly rates
- Paid time off
We will review your employment records to determine your losses’ value.
Pain and Suffering and Inconvenience
Pain and suffering accounts for your injury-related hardships, including anxiety and depression. New York does not cap how much you can seek for pain and suffering. We will calculate this loss based on your:
- Daily pain levels
- Injuries’ severity
- Economic losses’ value
- Past and future medical needs
- Earning ability
- Time missed from work
- Relationships with friends and family members
- Quality of life
Mental Health Counseling
Being injured can cause anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). As such, you may need therapy to stabilize your mental health. You can include the cost of mental health counseling in your claim or lawsuit.
If your car is damaged or totaled, we can seek recovery for your car’s repair or replacement costs. We can also factor in the cost of using public transportation or rideshare services.
If you suffered a life-altering condition, and your home isn’t handicap-accessible, you may need modifications. Compensation can account for:
- Widened doorways
- Wheelchair ramps
- Shower seats
- Automatic doors
- Lowered countertops
We’re deeply sorry if you lost a loved one. To support you during this trying time, we’ll handle everything your case requires. While you spend time with your loved ones, we’ll pursue compensation for:
- Funeral expenses, including the burial plot and cremation
- Your loved one’s pain and suffering
- Your loved one’s final healthcare costs, including hospice
- Loss of parental guidance and household benefits
Other Out-of-Pocket Expenses
Depending on your situation, other compensable losses may comprise:
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs and crutches
After assessing your situation, we may seek other losses than those listed above.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Our Team Is Ready to Pursue Compensation for Your Damages
Our team can support your pursuit of compensation by:
Offering Help on a Contingency-Fee Basis
Our lawyers don’t charge anything upfront or out of pocket for our help. We work on contingency, meaning paying for our attorney’s fees is “contingent” on your case’s outcome.
Consider the following:
- At the beginning of your case, we’ll put our fee structure in writing. You’ll understand our financial agreement from the very beginning.
- Our attorney’s fees will come from the money we secure for you.
- We don’t charge hourly rates or retainers to build your case.
Under this agreement, you don’t pay for a lawyer with your own earnings. Our team can explain more when you give us a call.
Providing 24/7 Service
We’re ready to start your free case review at any time. During this conversation, we’re eager to learn about your situation and how we can help. We’re ready to answer any questions you have for us.
Filing Your Insurance Claim
Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. resolves many injury cases through insurance settlements. We know how to build and manage a successful claim. You can trust us to:
- Identify the liable insurance provider
- File your claim
- Review the liable policy
- Calculate your losses
- Write and send your demand letter
- Negotiate a settlement
Sometimes, insurance companies don’t cooperate. They try to pressure you into accepting a lowball settlement or blame you for what happened. Our lawyers will do everything possible to protect your legal rights and options. We have no problem filing a lawsuit if the insurance company won’t cooperate.
Investigating Your Situation
Your lawyer serving Ronkonkoma can gather the following evidence to build your case:
- The police or incident report
- Photos of the incident scene and your injuries
- Your damage-related invoices, receipts, and billing statements
- Witness testimony
- Statements from healthcare providers and accident reconstruction specialists
- Security camera or dashcam footage
We may also visit the scene of the incident and gather information there.
Frequently Asked Questions About Injury Cases in New York
We’ve helped injured New Yorkers recover compensation for more than 20 years. During that time, we’ve compiled some questions clients frequently ask us. They include:
What Are the Benefits of Partnering with Our Injury Firm?
The benefits of partnering with our team include:
- You can spend time with your family while we manage your case.
- We’ll calculate your past, present, and future losses based on your situation.
- We have access to state-of-the-art technology and other resources to support your claim.
- We’re familiar with many of Long Island’s defense attorneys, insurance carriers, and judges. We understand how these professionals operate and how we can win your case.
If you already filed a claim, you possibly encountered uncooperative insurance adjusters and unfair offers. We’ll do everything in our power to recoup what you deserve.
Do I Have to Go to Trial?
As noted, we resolve many injury claims through insurance negotiations. Hopefully, we’ll file your claim, negotiate a settlement, and secure compensation. If not, we may need to file a lawsuit.
Whether you need to go to trial ultimately depends on your situation. For instance, we may ask you to testify, as your statements may help the judge and jury make a decision.
What Previous Clients Have to Say About Working with Us
Some clients have shared this feedback with us:
- “The best firm, knowledgeable, keeps the client well informed as to what is expected. Quick resolution obtained.” – Gloria S.
- “After experiencing a dog attack while on my job, Rosenberg & Gluck was highly recommended by my personal attorney. The staff was very sensitive to my situation and worked hard at securing a settlement. I didn’t realize a dog bite was such a difficult case to prove so I am extremely grateful for all of their efforts.” – Donna B.
- “Thank you for all your help, very sincere with my emotions due to my son’s accident. Always quick to answer all my questions and paperwork. Again very pleasant, thank you all for your support.” – Maria A.
For more information, we encourage you to check out our Better Business Bureau (BBB) profile. We have an “A+” rating and have zero disputes on this platform.
What Should I do After Getting Hurt or Losing a Loved One?
There are many steps you should consider taking right now. For instance, if you suffered harm, we recommend seeking medical attention. The information you get from your healthcare provider can bolster your claim.
We also suggest:
- Refraining from posting about the incident online
- Referring the claims adjuster to your lawyer
- Completing your recommended medical treatment
- Keeping track of your injury-related losses
- Refusing to give a recorded statement to the opposing carrier
- Consulting your lawyer before accepting a settlement offer
Of course, we also recommend considering your legal options. We can handle all your case obligations from beginning to end.
Who Could Be Responsible for Your Losses?
Many claimants don’t understand the difference between being “at fault” and “liable.” For instance, if you were bitten by an aggressive dog, the animal’s owner could be at fault.
The liable party pays for your losses. So, in the dog bite scenario, homeowners insurance may pay for your losses, making it liable.
We’re Ready to Help If You Suffered These Injuries in Suffolk County
We’ve recovered compensation for brain injury victims, near-drowning survivors, and other injured claimants. You may wonder whether your injuries qualify for compensation. We’ve recovered damages for cases involving:
Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs)
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) notes that TBIs result from blows or jolts to the head, disrupting normal brain function. Examples include concussions, hematomas, and brain swelling.
Sometimes, you may not notice a TBI right away. During your recovery period, be vigilant for chronic headaches, confusion, and mood changes. These are all indicators of TBIs.
Broken Bones, Including Arms, Hips, and Legs
Simple or compound fractures in the limbs, ribs, or pelvis are very painful – and can even affect your mobility. In addition, these injuries take a long time to heal, causing you to miss time from work.
Whiplash occurs when the head rapidly moves back and forth, similar to a whip. This sudden, jolting movement causes trauma to the soft tissue in the neck. BMC Public Health reports that whiplash survivors can struggle with the condition for one to five years.
Falls, collisions, and other incidents can cause soft tissue injuries. Examples of these injuries include:
- Tendon tears
Our Personal Injury Team Serving Ronkonkoma, NY Is Ready to Serve You
If you suffered harm or lost a loved one in Suffolk County, our team’s ready to help you. We’re prepared to pursue compensation for your medical bills, pain and suffering, and other related losses.
Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. offers free case reviews to injured claimants. Here, we can answer your questions and explain the legal process. To consult with our legal team, dial (631) 451-7900. We help claimants in both English and Spanish.