When another vehicle strikes you with no warning, your body is often unprepared to react. Even if you can brace yourself, the sheer force of impact in most motor vehicle collisions is enough to cause serious injury. Those at fault are liable for any injuries they cause.
If you or a loved one was injured or passed away in a collision, your lawyer handling car accident cases based in Suffolk County, NY could help you recover damages.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Suffolk County, call 516-451-7900
Do not wait to Contact Our Team to Represent You
New York state puts a time limit on victims’ ability to bring legal action against a liable party. Generally, victims bringing a personal injury suit in New York have three years from the date of the injury to initiate legal action, according to CVP §214.
If the collision in question caused your loved one’s passing, you might be entitled to damages through a wrongful death lawsuit. Wrongful death cases are generally subject to a two-year statute of limitations from the date of the passing.
Additional exceptions, such as a suit against a municipality, could shorten your deadline for legal action. These statutes make it important that you do not wait to retain your car crash lawyer.
Suffolk County Car Accidents Lawyer Near Me 516-451-7900
How Your Car Crash Lawyer Can Help
All cases are different. However, our injury lawyer can help victims who are injured or lost loved ones due to motor vehicle collisions.
Our team at Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. will:
Come to You and Document Your Injuries
Our professional opinion can come in handy when assessing your collision-related injuries. Let us:
- Meet you at your place of recovery to discuss the collision from your perspective, including what happened, who you think caused the crash, and the options you have for pursuing financial damages
- Meet with your physicians and medical caregivers to understand and document the nature and extent of your injuries for later use at trial and/or in settlement negotiations
- Continually review your hospital bills and other medical expenses, as well as the related treatment records, as they will be integral in calculating the damages you are entitled to
Begin Building Your Case
We will take on your entire case for you. Your lawyer will:
- Review all evidence about the crash, including visiting the scene, reviewing police reports, and obtaining all video and photographic evidence of the collision and its aftermath
- Take photographs of your injuries to document the extent of your condition—even when your wounds begin to heal
- Interview witnesses to the crash and secure written statements
- Speak with your friends, family, and employer(s) to document how the collision has impacted your ability to maintain employment
Serve as Your Legal Guide
Your lawyer familiar with car accident law will walk you through the entire case to avoid confusion. Our team aiding Suffolk County wants to:
- Handle all the legal aspects of your case from our initial meeting until the completion of a settlement or judgment
- Provide timely updates and answer any questions as we push your case through to final resolution
- Protect your legal rights throughout the entirety of the process
We Work to Prove Liability and Damages
A critical aspect of our legal representation is to prove that the other driver was at fault for your injuries. To do this, we must establish your crash-related injuries.
To do this, we will follow a four-step process for proving fault:
- Establish the defendant’s duty of care to you: Drivers have a duty to others to operate vehicles safely.
- Show that the defendant breached their duty of care: Any number of actions can constitute a breach of the duty of care.
- Present all evidence that the defendant was negligent: We can support your testimony with proof.
- Prove that the breach of duty caused your injuries: Our team must connect the accident and resulting losses with the other party’s actions.
We will present medical evidence to show that the defendant’s negligence caused or contributed to the injuries you sustained in the collision.
Damages You May Be Entitled to as a Car Collision Victim
Each injury case is unique, but our experience gives us an idea of the compensation you may be awarded:
Your injuries can create many care costs, from right after the crash to months or years after the event. These can include:
- Emergency transportation from the collision
- Any ER bills you incurred from your injuries
- The cost of your hospital stay
- The cost of any surgeries you required
- The cost of long-term rehabilitation and transportation to rehab appointments
- Any chronic condition that arises as a result of the collision
Expenses Stemming From Your Injuries
Healing from a tragic experience can cause life changes that affect your income, like:
- Wages lost due to your inability to work
- Diminished earning capacity caused by your injuries
- Inability to get an education because of your injuries
- Diminished financial protection for your dependents
Non-economic losses like pain and suffering and diminished quality of life also qualify you to collect a financial award. Damages will vary in kind and amount based on the details of your case. In addition, you may be entitled to additional damages not listed here.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Turn to Our Team for Support, as Others Have in the Past
We spend our time helping injured New York residents. Let us help you, too. We have secured the following awards:
- $24.5 million: For a teenage car crash victim that sustained injuries due to a poorly maintained intersection the city should have adjusted
- $1.4 million: For an older woman struck by a school bus who suffered injuries requiring months of rehabilitation
- $575,000: For a teenage passenger injured in a car crash caused by a negligent property owner
If the numbers don’t speak to you, listen to what one of our past clients said about us:
- “… the law firm of Rosenberg & Gluck handled all dealings with the insurance companies and medical facilities… if you are looking for a law firm to represent you in a personal injury action – you should look no further than Rosenberg & Gluck.” – Joseph H.
If you lost a loved one in a car collision, you might be entitled to additional damages under a wrongful death claim. Our car accident lawyer serving Suffolk County can help you understand how the specifics of your case translate to potential financial recovery. And remember, while we have secured some of New York’s largest recoveries, we handle all levels of injuries, from thousands to multi-millions.
How You Could Have Become Injured
Car crashes occur in many ways. We will explore your situation to determine fault. You could have sustained injury due to a negligent driver engaging in any of the following actions:
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Drunk driving
- Drugged driving
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Texting while driving
- Making a phone call while driving
Through the use of medical and economic evidence, we will establish the totality of your losses and the damages you are entitled to. Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. can get your claim started.
Call Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. for Help Today
We want to help you pursue the financial relief you are entitled to. Call our team at Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. today for a free consultation. Our firm can also assist Spanish-speaking clients.