What We Will Do for You After a Slip and Fall
A slip and fall accident lawyer serving Suffolk County with Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. will handle your slip and fall case from start to finish. We will:
Meet with You to Discuss Your Case
Don’t worry about coming to our office if you are not well enough. Instead, we can meet with you in your place of recovery to discuss the injury, including how it happened and how it has impacted your ability to work and live.
We will also speak with your physician and other medical professionals to collect your test results, x-rays, and other medical documentation that will come in use at trial or in settlement negotiations.
Begin Building Your Case
When we get started on your case, we will organize your injury documentation as evidence of the damage that the slip and fall caused. Part of this job involves:
- Reviewing the scene of the slip and fall in person
- Collecting all evidence of the injury and/or the conditions that caused it, including videos and photographs
- Interviewing any witnesses of the accident or the hazardous conditions and documenting their accounts
- Reviewing and archiving any incident reports pertaining to the injury, and any other reports that show a pattern of negligence
Prove Liability in Your Slip and Fall Injury Case
When it comes time to establishing that the defendant is at fault for your injuries, we will follow a four-step process:
- Establish that the liable party owed you a duty of care: Any property owner is legally required to keep the property in a reasonably safe condition and is not permitted to put patrons at an unreasonable risk of harm.
- Show that the defendant breached their duty of care: This step can be shown through evidence and/or testimony proving that the area where your injury occurred was unsafe, whether due to unmarked changes in elevation, loose flooring, or unclean or wet areas.
- Prove that the breach of duty caused your injury and resulting expenses: If we are able to prove that the defendant breached their duty of care, establishing that the defendant’s breach of their duty caused your injuries is the next step.
- Calculate and present your case for damages: This step will be based on the losses you have endured as a result of the slip and fall. Our team will present medical and economic evidence to establish the full extent of the damages you suffered as a result of the defendant’s negligence.
Handle Your Legal Needs
Once we have gathered all the evidence and established who is liable for your injuries, we can start figuring out your options for compensation. This process consists of:
- Filing the paperwork to initiate legal proceedings
- Handling all correspondence with judges, lawyers, and others who will play a role in collecting your damages
- Presenting a case that shows why you are entitled to damages from the liable party
- Ensuring that your rights are protected from our initial meeting through the completion of a settlement or judgment
Damages You May Be Entitled to Recover in a Slip and Fall Injury Case
Each slip and fall case is different, but you may be able to recover the following damages:
- The cost of emergency transportation
- Any ER bills
- The cost of any surgery needed for your injuries
- The cost of your hospital stay
- The cost of any long-term rehabilitation, and the cost of transportation to those appointments
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Long-term disability
- Pain and suffering
If a slip and fall caused the death of your loved one, you may be entitled to additional damages covering:
- Funeral costs
- Any medical costs for the deceased
- Loss of companionship (spouse)
- Loss of guidance (children)
- Loss of future wages
- Loss of financial protection
The circumstances of your case may mean that you are entitled to additional damages not listed here.
You May Be Entitled to Damages Even if You Contributed to Your Injuries
Not all injuries are found to be solely the fault of the defendant. It may be the case that your own actions also contributed to your injury in some way.
CVP § 1411 states that, even if you are found to have contributed to the injury, you may still be entitled to recover financial damages. Do not ever assume that your case cannot be heard or will not be successful.
Connect with Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. Today for a Free Consultation.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a slip and fall accident, call our team at Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. today at (631) 451-7900 for a consultation. You can find out more about how a lawyer serving Suffolk County on our team can help. If needed, our staff can even answer your questions in Spanish.