When another vehicle strikes you with no warning, your body is often unprepared to react. Even if you are able to brace yourself, the sheer force of impact in most motor vehicle collisions is enough to cause serious injury, and those at fault are liable for any injuries they cause.
If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in a car collision, a Suffolk County, NY car accident lawyer can help you recover damages. Call our team at Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. today at (631) 451-7900 to discuss your case.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Suffolk County, call 631-203-1691
Do Not Wait to Contact Counsel
New York state puts a time limit on victims’ ability to bring legal action against a liable party. Generally, victims bringing a personal injury suit in New York have three years from the date of the injury to initiate legal action against the liable party according to the New York Civil Practice Law (§ 214).
If the collision in question caused the death of your loved one, you may be entitled to damages through a wrongful death lawsuit. Wrongful death cases are generally subject to a two-year statute of limitations from the date of the death. Additional exceptions, such as a suit against a municipality, could shorten your deadline for legal action.
These statutes make it important that you do not wait to contact a car accident lawyer in Suffolk County.
Suffolk County Car Accidents Lawyer Near Me 631-203-1691
How a Car Accident Lawyer Can Help
All cases are different, but there are a number of ways that an injury lawyer can help victims who are injured or have lost a loved one as the result of a motor vehicle collision. Our team at Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. will:
Come to You and Document Your Injuries
- Meet you at your place of recovery to discuss the collision from your perspective, including what happened, who you think caused the crash, and the options you have for pursuing financial damages.
- Meet with your physicians and medical caregivers to understand and document the nature and extent of your injuries for later use at trial and/or in settlement negotiations.
- Continually review your hospital bills and other medical expenses, as they will be integral in calculating the damages you are entitled to.
Begin Building Your Case
- Review all evidence pertaining to the crash, including visiting the scene, reviewing police reports, and obtaining all video and photographic evidence of the accident and its aftermath.
- Take photographs of your injuries to document the extent of your injuries even when your wounds begin to heal.
- Interview witnesses to the crash and secure written statements.
- Speak with your friends, family, and employer(s) to document how the collision has impacted your ability to maintain employment.
Serve as Your Legal Guide
- Handle all the legal aspects of your case from our initial meeting until the completion of a settlement or judgment.
- Provide timely updates and answer any questions as we push your case through to final resolution.
- Ensure that your rights remain protected throughout the entirety of the legal process.
We Work to Prove Liability and Damages
A critical aspect of our legal representation is to prove that the other driver was at fault for your injuries and establishing the damages that have arisen from those injuries. In order to do this, we will follow a four-step process for proving fault:
- Establish the defendant’s duty of care to you.
Drivers have a duty to other drivers to operate their vehicles in a safe manner.
- Show that the defendant breached their duty of care.
Any number of actions can constitute a breach of the duty of care, including:
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Drunk driving
- Drugged driving
- Failing to yield to your right of way
- Texting while driving
- Making a phone call while driving
We will present all evidence that shows the defendant acted in a negligent manner.
- Prove that the defendant’s breach of duty caused your injuries.
We will present medical evidence to show that the defendant’s negligence caused or contributed to the injuries you sustained in the collision.
- Prove the extent of your damages.
Through the use of medical and economic evidence, we will establish the totality of your losses and damages you are entitled to. Call our team at Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. today at (631) 451-7900 to get your claim started and find out how a car accident lawyer in Suffolk County can help you.
Damages You May Be Entitled to as a Car Collision Victim
Each injury case is unique, but our experience gives us an idea of the compensation you may be awarded:
- Emergency transportation from the collision
- Any ER bills you incurred from your injuries
- The cost of your hospital stay
- The cost of any surgeries you required
- The cost of long-term rehabilitation and transportation to rehab appointments
- Any chronic condition that arises as a result of the collision
Expenses Stemming from Your Injuries
- Wages lost due to your inability to work
- Diminished earning capacity caused by your injuries
- Inability to earn an education because of your injuries
- Diminished financial protection for your dependents
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
Damages will vary in kind and amount based on the details of your case, and you may be entitled to additional damages not listed here. If you lost a loved one in a car collision, you may be entitled to additional damages under a wrongful death claim. A car accident lawyer in Suffolk County can help you understand how the specifics of your case translate to potential financial recovery.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. for Help Today
We want to help you pursue the financial relief you are entitled to. Call our team at Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. today at (631) 451-7900 for a free consultation. Our firm can assist Spanish and Russian-speaking clients.