If you or a loved one was hurt in an auto collision in Mineola, New York, you may be able to bring a personal injury claim or lawsuit against the at-fault party. You may be able to recover compensation for your lost income, medical bills, future medical care, and more.
A car accident lawyer serving Mineola can provide the dependable legal guidance and strong advocacy you need during your case. Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. takes cases on a contingency-fee basis, so there are no upfront fees.
Recoverable Damages in an Auto Collision Injury claim
Being the victim of a car crash is not only frightening and painful, but it can also incur tremendous financial harm. You may be left with medical debt, ongoing medical expenses, and other costs related to your injuries. You may also be forced to miss work while you are recovering.
A personal injury claim or lawsuit can help you get financial compensation for these and other damages.
Lost Income From Missed Work
Your injuries may have required you to miss work while recovering. In some cases, a car crash victim can never again return to the same line of work after a collision. You may be compensated for past lost wages due to missed work, future lost wages due to missed work, and impairment to your income-earning ability.
Medical Expenses Due to Your Injuries
The cost of hospital care and other medical needs can be a major financial burden after a collision. You may be entitled to compensation for medical care necessitated by your injuries, including compensation for costs associated with:
- Ambulance transport
- X-rays, CT scans, MRIs, and other medical tests
- Emergency treatment
- Outpatient care
- Laboratory tests
- Rehabilitative therapy, such as physical therapy
- Physician appointments
- Psychological treatment
- Medical devices
- In-home care
Compensation for Non-Financial Harm Caused by Your Injuries
The negative impacts caused by a serious auto collision cannot all be expressed on a hospital bill or prescription receipt. Some losses are intangible and personal in nature. Nevertheless, financial compensation for these non-economic damages may also be available in a car collision injury case.
You could be compensated for your:
- Physical pain
- Mental and emotional pain
- Lost enjoyment of life
- Physical impairment
- Disfigurement and scarring
Wrongful Death Damages After a Fatal Crash
If your loved one died in a fatal car crash, Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. understands that no amount of money could make it right. However, a wrongful death action against the responsible party may help you accomplish two important things:
- Holding the liable party accountable for the fatal crash
- Recovering compensation for lost financial support and other financial harm caused by your loss
Damages in a wrongful death action may include:
- Medical expenses
- Costs associated with the victim’s funeral and burial
- The loss of the wages the victim would have earned
- Loss of the inheritance that the victim would have left their children
- Loss of parental guidance and love the victim’s children suffered
- Loss of the victim’s services, such as home maintenance and childcare
- The victim’s pain and suffering
Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. Can Help You During Your Case
If you were hurt in a serious auto collision, or you are mourning the loss of a loved one, you deserve to concentrate on recovering from this terrible ordeal. Let a car accident lawyer from Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. handle your Mineola case for you.
Our team has a history of impressive car crash case results, including several multimillion awards and settlements. We know how the civil claims process works and how to develop a case with a strong chance of success. Our team can provide legal advocacy and representation for you from beginning to end.
Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. can:
- Answer your legal questions
- Explain complex legal concepts in plain language
- Help you identify who is liable for the collision
- Calculate the damages that you suffered
- Gather evidence including police reports, medical records, video and photographs, forensic evidence, vehicle data from event data recorders, and more.
- Speak to witnesses and get their testimony
- Get testimony from your loved ones about how your injuries impacted your life
- Handle communications with the insurance company and other parties
- Consult with experts, such as economists, accident reconstruction specialists, and medical professionals
- Represent you during settlement negotiations
- Help you avoid unreasonably low settlement offers
- Advocate on behalf of you or your deceased loved one during a personal injury lawsuit
Critical Statute of Limitations and Other Time Constraints
When it comes to personal injury claims after a car crash, it is important to get started right away. Evidence and witness statements are harder to obtain the longer you wait to connect with an attorney. Furthermore, there are state laws that limit when you can bring a lawsuit. These are called statute of limitations.
There can be exceptions that reduce the time you have to file your legal action. For example, if your crash was caused by a poorly designed intersection or insufficient road maintenance, a municipality may be liable. Claims against the government are subject to shorter deadlines. This is why it is important to speak to Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. as soon as you can.
Call Us for a Free Case Review Today
A car accident lawyer from Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. can help you identify who is liable for your Mineola crash, obtain evidence to support your case, advocate on your behalf during settlement negotiations, and represent you in trial. Our team knows you are going through a very difficult time in your life, and we are here to help you.
Call Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. at (631) 451-7900 for a free consultation. Remember, we take cases on a contingency-fee basis, so there are no upfront legal fees. We also can assist you in Spanish if that is your preferred language.