You Could Seek These Losses Following Your Loved One’s Passing on Long Island
Our team will calculate your losses based on the details of your loved one’s passing. We will use their employment records, medical history, and other related documents to calculate your financial losses. Then, our wrongful death lawyers will assess the following to calculate your non-economic losses:
- Pain levels
- Cause of death
Compensable losses in your case could comprise:
- End-of-life healthcare expenses
- Loss of parental guidance
- Loss of household benefits
- Funeral expenses, including cremation and burial
- Loss of income
You could include other losses in your case based on your situation. We will fight for the full cost of your losses.
Who Can Bring Forth a Wrongful Death Lawsuit in New York?
A personal representative of the decedent can file a wrongful death claim or lawsuit. The personal representative can be named in the decedent’s will or assigned by the courts. Being a family member does not automatically give you the right to initiate legal action.
However, immediate family members, such as children and parents, could recover damages. You could be your loved one’s personal representative and not even know it. Our team can evaluate your situation and assess your right to legal action.
Our Injury Lawyers Must Prove the Following Factors in Your Wrongful Death Case
At trial or during negotiations, our legal team taking cases on Long Island must prove certain elements of your case to recover damages. Your situation may require our wrongful death lawyers to establish:
Another Party Acted Negligently
If your loved one was hurt in an accident, like a collision or slip and fall, your wrongful death attorney must prove that another party:
- Had to duty to keep others safe
- Did not uphold this obligation
- Caused your loved one’s passing
- Caused you to incur damages
Our staff can use security camera footage, witness testimony, and other pieces of information to prove these elements in your case.
Your Loved One Passed Away After Using a Defective Product
Some injury cases do not rely on the elements listed above. Instead, they rely on something called “strict liability.” In these situations, you don’t prove that another party acted negligently. Consider the following example:
- Your loved one bought a toaster oven.
- Due to a manufacturer defect, the toaster oven caught on fire and caused your loved one to suffer fatal burns.
In this case, you don’t have to prove that the toaster oven’s maker was negligent. Instead, you only need to prove that its product malfunctioned as a result of a defective condition and caused your loved one’s passing.
Our Attorneys Have Secured Million-Dollar Settlements for Our Clients
Our case results speak for themselves. Check out some of our previous results:
- Our firm won $9.5 million for a family who lost a loved one. The team tried the case for six weeks in court before we were able to reach a verdict. Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. went up against some of New York’s top defense lawyers, but we prevailed.
- Our accident lawyers recovered $25.4 million for our client who suffered serious injuries due to a drunk driver and defective roadway. We were also able to hold a local municipality accountable for its negligence.
- The firm secured a multi-million-dollar settlement for our client who suffered a stroke due to medical negligence.
Our attorneys cannot guarantee that we will get these results for you. However, we will put the same time and effort into your case as we’ve done for our successful cases.
Our Team Offers Free Consultations to Prospective Wrongful Death Clients
Your first case review allows us to get the answers to these questions:
- How long could it take to settle my case?
- Will my case go to court?
- What could a wrongful death lawyer on Long Island do for me?
- What can I do to protect my legal rights?
You can also ask our team questions about our contingency-fee representation.
Call Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. to Get Started with Your Wrongful Death Case
Dial (631) 451-7900 to connect with our team helping Long Island. Our law firm is ready to answer your questions and explain what our wrongful death lawyers can do for you. You can bring your concerns to our representatives. We are able to assist clients who speak Spanish as well.