The construction industry employs millions of people every day. It also impacts the lives of non-workers with construction sites and construction vehicles in residential and commercial neighborhoods. If you or someone you love was injured in an accident on a construction site or by a construction vehicle, our construction accident lawyer serving Bohemia at Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. can help you get financial compensation.
Recovering from your injuries and putting your life back together after a construction accident can be difficult on your own. Our law firm can help by identifying the party whose negligence caused your accident. We can also help you hold them financially responsible for your resulting injuries. Our team will investigate your accident, collect evidence, and negotiate a settlement. While we handle the details of your case, you can focus on getting better.
For a free legal consultation with a construction accidents lawyer serving Bohemia, call 516-451-7900
Table of Contents
- Construction Accident Cases Our Firm Handles
- How Our Construction Accident Lawyer Builds Your Case
- Review Your Bohemia Case With a Team Member Today
Construction Accident Cases Our Firm Handles
CPLR § 240, often referred to as the scaffolding law, protects workers against elevation-related injuries while CPLR § 241 defines construction, excavation, and demolition safety standards. According to Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) statistics, the primary causes of construction site accidents are:
- Accidental slips, trips, and falls
- Being struck by equipment or vehicles
- Becoming caught in between objects
- Accidental shocks and electrocutions
Each of these categories can include multiple sub-categories. Review your case with a team member to determine whether the cause of your accident entitles you to compensation. We will investigate your accident and can consult with construction industry and medical experts to support your case.
Bohemia Construction Accidents Lawyer Near Me 516-451-7900
Damages You Can Recover After a Construction Accident
The heavy equipment, large vehicles, and bustling environments of a construction site can lead to severe injuries and long-term disabilities. Construction accidents can also be fatal. Our team will help you recover the following post-accident damages:
- Injury-related lost wages
- Ongoing medical expenses
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional distress
- Wrongful death damages
When defining and assessing your recoverable damages, our team creates a defined list that helps ensure all valid damages are accounted for prior to making a settlement demand. Acting too quickly can mean some recoverable damages are not included in your compensation request. Delaying too long has risks as well.
Do Not Risk Losing Your Chance to Recover Compensation
Bohemia construction accidents are subject to New York State’s personal injury statute of limitations. According to CPLR § 214, it generally limits your right to file a lawsuit to three years from the accident date.
If you are the qualifying family member of a fatally injured accident victim, EPTL § 5-4.1, generally limits your right to file a lawsuit to two years from the date of your loved one’s demise.
The statute of limitations can be shortened under certain circumstances, like suing a municipality. In fact, you could have as little as 90 days to act. Our lawyer will clarify your actual filing deadline. He will also explain which family members qualify to file a wrongful death insurance claim or lawsuit.
How Our Construction Accident Lawyer Builds Your Case
Our team serving clients in Bohemia will take care of the details and minutiae of your case. That includes working with your workers’ compensation attorney, communicating with all other involved parties, and fielding settlement offers. We will also:
- Collect documents related to your case, including medical records and bills, witness statements, and insurance forms and policy details
- Collect evidence related to your case, including debris, accident and incident reports, and photos and videos from dashcam, surveillance, and security cameras
- Investigate the details of your accident, including the at-fault party, the accident’s cause, and its resulting costs
- Work with your workers’ compensation attorney
Negotiating your case is a process that can be more complex than you think. If we cannot resolve your case with an out-of-court settlement, we will prepare your case for trial and represent you.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
At Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P., We Do Not Recover Unless You Do
You do not have to shy away from pursuing a negligent construction company for fear of the cost of hiring a lawyer. You will reap the following benefits by working with our team on a contingency fee basis:
- You can start preparing your case with no upfront costs or fees
- You do not owe us a fee unless we recover damages for you
- You can focus on injury recovery while we focus on your case
Working on a contingency fee basis means you will not add the frustration of another financial expenditure to your post-accident expenses. It also allows you to avoid the risks of an expired statute of limitations. You do not have to wait and save to put the power of our legal team behind your fight for recovery.
Our Case Results and Client Wins
We fight hard for optimal recovery for every injured client we represent. On our case results page, you will find settlements and jury verdicts like these:
- More than $9 million dollar verdict for vehicle accident at a construction site
- Over $2 million dollars for a laborer who was injured while working as an assistant to a mason
- Over $1 million dollars recovered for a 30-year-old employee who fell off a ladder at a construction site and suffered a head injury
- Seven-figure recovery at trial for a husband and father who suffered a back injury at a construction site
- $1,500,000 recovery for a construction worker who suffered an electrical shock while moving a utility pole
- $1,000,000 settlement for an employee who fell from a ladder and suffered a serious leg injury
- $1,000,000 recovery for an employee who was injured while installing a garage door
Our construction accident team will help you understand and prove the damages you can recover and their monetary value.
Review Your Bohemia Case With a Team Member Today
Were you or someone you love injured, or did you lose a loved one, in a construction accident? Our construction accident lawyer will help you build a solid case and fight for the compensation you are entitled to due to negligence. We also help clients in Spanish. Find out how by contacting one of our Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. team members at (631) 451-7900 without delay.
Rosenberg & Gluck, LLP
1176 Portion Road
Holtsville, NY 11742
This firm was able to obtain the maximum amount possible for me…
– Craig S., Car Accident Client