Car crashes can lead to distressing outcomes that can affect you for the rest of your life. If a negligent driver caused your collision and injuries, you shouldn’t have to be responsible for paying for your losses. You could recover compensation for your medical bills, lost income, and more.
One of our Long Island car accident attorneys can help you pursue the financial recovery you may need. We can tell you what damages you may qualify to seek and represent your interests through every step of a claim or lawsuit.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Long Island, call 516-451-7900
Recoverable Compensation You Could Seek After a Car Crash
Your injuries are not the only costly losses you may face after a crash. You may be eligible to seek several forms of damages in a car collision case, including both economic and non-economic damages.
These may include:
- Medical bills, including the cost of emergency room care, hospitalization, diagnostic testing, surgery, physical therapy, medications, and more
- Future medical bills, reflecting treatments and medical care you will be expected to require
- Lost wages, if you missed paychecks due to recovery
- Reduced earning capacity, if your ability to earn income will be expected to continue affecting you in the future
You could seek a recovery for:
- Pain and suffering, if your crash caused you serious physical pain and other hardships
- Mental anguish, for the psychological challenges you could be dealing with after a crash
- And more
However, every case is different, and you may need to meet certain criteria to seek some forms of damages. We can help you understand all forms of compensation available to you after a car collision.
Compensation Available if You Lost a Loved One in a Car Crash
No personal injury case is simple to handle on your own, let alone when you’re dealing with a loss. We can handle every aspect of a wrongful death case for you and help you recover damages.
This may also include economic and non-economic losses such as:
- Medical bills required by your loved one
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of future income and support
- Pain and suffering of your loved one before passing
Long Island Car Accidents Lawyer Near Me 516-451-7900
How Our Attorneys at Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. Can Help with Your Case
At the Suffolk County law firm of Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P., we practice exclusively in the area of personal injury and wrongful death, with a focus on personal service and delivering the highest caliber of legal service.
We will typically begin your case as an insurance claim, but we may advise taking your case to court if necessary. During this process, you can expect us to:
- Determine your recoverable damages
- Gather compelling evidence of your losses and the other driver’s negligence
- Handle all communications with parties in your case
- Negotiate the best possible settlement
- Advise you on settlement offers
- Litigate on your behalf
- File any necessary paperwork
- Protect your legal rights at every turn
We will Handle the Most Complicated Aspect of a Case for You
Our car accident lawyers are known for handling cases ranging from routine to the most complex. While some car crash cases on Long Island may appear to be more straightforward than others, any injury case can come with a host of complications such as:
- A denial or challenge to your claim: The insurance company may try to claim that your injuries aren’t as serious as they are. They could also argue that a gap in your care timeline translates to you making your injuries worse.
- Lowball settlement offers: You may receive unfairly low offers that may not cover the full range of your bills and losses.
- Arguments that you are at fault: Even when the other driver seemed negligent, you may face unfair accusations of fault or partial liability. We can gather evidence to show the facts in the case and protect your rights.
- Multi-party liability or uncertain liability: You may not realize that more than one driver or entity could be responsible for your losses. You could also leave a great deal of money on the table if you do not take appropriate action.
We know that you and your family may be going through a great deal as you cope with the loss of income, medical bills, and the struggle to regain your health. As your attorneys, we will deal with the insurance company. Our car collision attorneys will take care of all the legal aspects of your case while you concentrate on getting well.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Why Choose Our Lawyers Team to Handle Your Injury Case?
At Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P., our team of personal injury lawyers has decades of experience working to assist victims of others’ negligence on Long Island. If you choose to work with our team, you can rest assured that:
- We offer free consultations so that you can learn your legal options.
- We work based on contingency, so you don’t have to worry about upfront fees.
- We will visit you at home or in a hospital if you are unable to travel to us.
- We will get your questions answered and keep you in the loop throughout your case.
Our Results for Past Clients
While we work hard to serve every one of our clients, our ultimate goal is to seek the best possible compensation for you. Our track record includes:
- $2.5 million for a 16-year-old victim whose car crash was caused by multiple drivers
- $2.39 million for a worker who was injured in a collision after being rear-ended
- $370,000 for a 69-year-old man who was initially challenged in his case, as the defense claimed his aging process was responsible for his injuries
We will work hard to pursue the recovery you may deserve, too.
There is Limited Time to Take Legal Action for Your Case
In injury cases, the statute of limitations restricts the time you have to file a lawsuit. Per CPLR § 214, this is typically three years for personal injury cases. For wrongful death cases, you generally have two years, per EPTL § 5-4.1. If you miss the deadline, you may no longer be able to seek compensation.
You should take steps to begin your case as soon as possible for this reason.
Seeking legal help at the outset will give you and your attorney a head start in building strong evidence for your case. Someone from our team will immediately work to preserve the evidence that may make the difference in proving fault and liability.
How Our Attorneys Build a Case Against a Negligent Driver on Long Island
If you or a loved one was involved in a car collision, you might have a legal case. If your injury was caused by the actions of came directly from a negligent driver, you might have the right to file a claim or a lawsuit for the compensation you need.
The ability to collect compensation depends on whether or not the other driver was negligent. To prove negligence, you must be able to prove the following:
- Someone else had a duty of care to show you a reasonable level of safety.
- That party breached their duty of care.
- That breach caused your injuries.
- You suffered damages as a result of your injuries.
Our Suffolk and Nassau personal injury attorneys can help. We fight for your right to retrieve the compensation you deserve. We hold wrongdoers accountable to prevent future negligence on the road.
Common Forms of Negligence That May Have Caused Your Collision
On Long Island, highways are notorious for being dangerous. Impatience on the roads can lead to impulsivity and poor decision-making. Other forms of negligence, such as drunk or distracted driving, could have also caused your collision. You may have a right to seek compensation.
We must first establish how the other driver’s actions contributed to the crash to move forward with a case. Here are some common forms of negligence that may lead to collisions:
- Inattention from the driver
- Failure to yield to the right-of-way
- Failure to yield at stop sign/light
- Drunk driving
- Unsafe lane change
- Illegal U-turn
- Weather conditions
- Roadway hazards
- Defective/faulty vehicle parts
Your own negligence can contribute to a car accident. Your Long Island personal injury attorney will discuss your possible contribution to the collision upon your initial consultation.
If you or a loved one was involved in a car collision in New York, our personal injury attorneys at Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. can help.
We Use Many Sources of Evidence for Your Car Collision Case
Our office may build evidence for your case from multiple sources because negligent drivers and their insurers often deny any responsibility for causing a crash.
We gather eyewitness testimony and obtain police reports while investigating the evidence from the scene of a collision. If necessary, we work with computer animators and simulators to recreate the cause of a crash. Data and evidence recovered are also very useful for visual presentations to explain events to jurors.
We may also work with experts such as:
- Incident reconstructionists
- Skid mark analysts
- And other specialists
We will take every step necessary to seek the compensation you deserve. If negotiations fail to arrive at a fair settlement on your behalf, you can rest assured, our attorneys are always prepared to present your case to a jury of your peers.
Six Things You Need to do After a Car Collision
After a car crash, it’s understandable to feel confused about what to do. Keep this checklist in your vehicle in case you end up in this situation in New York. Here’s what to do after a crash to safeguard your personal health, protect your rights, and start the journey toward financial recovery:
- Stay on the scene. Never flee the scene. This could lead to criminal charges as well as a civil lawsuit against you. Instead, stay on scene until you’re sure everyone is okay and police have cleared you to go.
- Notify the police by calling 9-1-1 if there are injured people or damage to the vehicles. You must stay on the scene until an officer tells you it’s okay to leave.
- Exchange information. If your crash involved another vehicle, you must stop and exchange names, license plate numbers, phone numbers, and insurance company information.
- Seek medical attention for injuries. See a doctor as soon as possible for crash-related injuries. Delaying medical care can result in insurers and jurors questioning the nature of your injuries and the extent of harm.
- File a report with authorities. In New York, you must file a Report of Motor Vehicle Accident within ten days if the crash caused $1,000 in damages or more, per the New York Department of Motor Vehicles. Failure to report can lead to license suspension.
- Seek a case review with our team. We can help you understand your options and ensure that your right to seek compensation is protected.
At Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P., we have decades of experience going up against major names in the insurance industry on behalf of our clients. You don’t have to be alone in your case. We will work hard to seek the best results for you.
What You Should Know About Reporting a Car Collision in New York
In New York State, the law obligates you to report your car crash involving personal injury or death to the police. The driver of the car that caused the injury must report what happened. If the collision involved only property damage, the driver must report it if the damage exceeds $1,000 or if the other driver is not present on the scene.
In New York, drivers must file written collision reports within ten days of the crash. The driver must report a car crash “as soon as he or she is physically able.” No specific rules dictate when this might be, but it’s safe to assume this means immediately (unless injuries render the driver incapable of making the call).
Car Collisions on Long Island are Common and Costly
With decades of experience supporting injury victims on Long Island, we have seen the devastating consequences of car crashes. The roads in Suffolk and Nassau Counties are heavily traveled, and collisions are a common occurrence. Such incidents result in millions of dollars in property damage, serious injuries, and death.
We know that you may be facing substantial costs of your own after a crash—and we can help you make a recovery.
Contact Us for a No-Cost, No-Obligation Consultation
Car and truck collision victims can call Rosenberg & Gluck, L.L.P. at (631) 451-7900. Take advantage of our free initial consultation to discuss your injuries and determine whether you have grounds for a claim. There is no obligation, and you could start the process of your case today. We can also assist clients in Spanish.