Economic Damages You Could Recover
Economic damages are real monetary losses the victim incurred because of their injury. You can justify the value of these damages by providing documentation (bills, receipts, paychecks, etc.) of how much they cost you.
Examples of economic damages after sustaining a whiplash injury include:
- Medical expenses: You can recover financial compensation for the monetary loss of your out-of-pocket medical expenses. This includes any costs you had to pay for inpatient or outpatient medical care. You can also include the costs of any rehabilitative care, such as physical therapy or occupational therapy.
- Future medical expenses: Some whiplash injuries require medical attention far into the future. If your injuries will likely require medical care after you settle your claim or lawsuit, you could recover compensation for the projected costs of future medical bills.
- Lost earnings: If you had to miss work while you recovered from the accident, you could recover compensation for any earnings you lost during that time.
- Loss of future income: If your whiplash injury prevents you from returning to work or working in the same field you did before, you could recover compensation for the loss of future income. This can also include lost benefits, such as medical and retirement benefits.
Our car accident attorneys can compile your economic damages and then add them to your non-economic damages to determine the value of your case.
Non-Economic Damages You Could Recover
Non-economic damages are non-monetary losses you incurred because of your injuries. These damages are often more difficult to calculate because there is no documentation that states their value. The team at Rosenberg & Gluck, LLP can calculate these amounts for you, based on our understanding of personal injury law and years of experience.
Examples of non-economic damages after a whiplash injury include:
- Mental anguish: You could recover compensation if you developed mental health issues because of your injury. Negative psychological impacts, such as anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), or sleeping issues are common after severe whiplash injuries.
- Physical pain and suffering: You could recover compensation for the physical pain you felt directly after the accident and any pain you continue to feel. These damages also include any discomfort or inconvenience your injury has caused.
Our attorneys will review both your economic and non-economic damages to decide how much compensation we should seek on your behalf.
Benefits of Choosing Rosenberg & Gluck, LLP After a Whiplash Injury
When you retain the services of a whiplash injury lawyer from our firm, you get the peace of mind of knowing that an experienced team of attorneys is working on your case. We have worked with many whiplash victims over the years, and we understand the pain and stress this injury can cause.
When you choose Rosenberg & Gluck, LLP, you can rest assured that we have your financial future in mind. We don’t want you to have to pay for financial losses out of your own pocket if someone else caused your injuries. Our team will work tirelessly to ensure the liable party is held accountable.
Some of the benefits of choosing our firm include:
- We can thoroughly investigate what happened during the accident. We do this by reviewing the police report, interviewing witnesses, checking for photo and video evidence, and more. Our attorneys can use this information to prove who caused your accident and recover compensation for your injuries.
- We can handle all communications on your behalf. Insurance companies want you to accept an offer that’s far less than what you deserve. We can protect you from insurance company tactics designed to trick you by handling all communications for you. Leave the phone calls, letters, and emails to us.
- We handle all legal matters from start to finish. When you are dealing with a whiplash injury, the last thing you want to worry about is the status of your legal case. Our attorneys can handle any legal issues you face, so your sole focus is healing from your injuries.
- We offer free consultations to all potential clients. If you’re unsure if you need an attorney, give us a call to learn how we can help. We offer free, no-obligation consultations with our team. During the consultation, you can ask us any questions you have, and we can provide more information about what to expect.
Our High Referral Rate Speaks Volumes
Our firm has a high referral rate because of the care and support we provide for our clients, as well as the financial recovery we help our clients receive. Our attorneys have worked with many clients with whiplash injuries and we know how to negotiate with insurance companies—just read our client testimonials.
We can advocate aggressively for you to recover the compensation you need to move on. If someone else caused your injuries, you shouldn’t have to deal with the financial fallout on your own. Our team works hard to give you the best possible chance of recovering compensation.
Steps to Take After Getting in a Long Island Collision
If you get in a crash with another vehicle on Long Island, there are steps you can take to protect yourself, especially if you think you may have a whiplash injury:
- Call for emergency personnel: Call for the police and for emergency medical services to come to the scene. Once they arrive, make a police report. Also, have the emergency medical team take a look at your injury. Even if you think you are okay, the emergency medical team needs to document your potential injuries—just in case you need them later on for a claim or lawsuit.
- Gather evidence from the scene: Take pictures of anything that is relevant to the collision, including damage to all vehicles, your injuries, license plate numbers, and any skid marks (or lack thereof) on the road.
- Gather contact information from anyone involved: Ask for contact information for anyone involved in the accident. At a minimum, get their name, phone number, driver’s license number, and insurance information.
- Identify witnesses: Look for people who might have witnessed the collision. If your case goes to court, an eyewitness could help corroborate your version of events so you recover maximum compensation.
- Seek advice from a car accident attorney serving Long Island: Our firm can fight for the compensation you need to heal from your whiplash injury and move on after your collision, managing your case from start to finish.
Contact Our Attorneys Today for Your Free Consultation
At Rosenberg & Gluck, LLP, we are ready to help you secure financial compensation for your losses and protect your legal rights after getting injured in a collision. We want you to be able to recover physically and mentally from your whiplash injury without having to worry about financial struggles. When you work with our firm, you only have to focus on getting better.
You don’t have to fight for compensation on your own. Our experienced personal injury attorneys will stand by your side every step of the way as we file your claim or lawsuit. We also guide you through the process, so you’re prepared for whatever comes next.
Rosenberg & Gluck, LLP provides legal representation in English or Spanish. To get started and learn more about your legal options, contact us today for a free, no-obligation consultation.